Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks! this saved hours of searching - worked first time.

HP Recommended

Thanks!!!!!!!!!! It worked for me as well. Using a Cannon printer so problem is not just with HP.

HP Recommended

i must be missing something here. i see two posts saying that they tried a solution and it worked but i have no idea who they are thanking. 

is there some way to determine which post a reply is directed to?

HP Recommended

, i have same problem.

my printer model is HP LaserJet P2050 and i use Windown 7

In FINISHING menu, i checked Flip page up, but second page is in reverse
How do I solve it?

HP Recommended

What worked for me to fix Double sided printing - second page printing upside down:

Changed:

Windows 7  Control Panel - Hardware and Sound - Devices and Printer

HP Officejet Pro 8600 -  Properties - Advanced

Print directly to the printer

To:

Spool Print documents so program finishes faster

- Start printing immediately

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation of the Finishing tab settings. This worked the first time I tried it. Bravo to you for finding the solution -

HP Recommended

I am currently having a similar issue.  At work we have a print server that houses the drivers with preset defaults which are installed on our computers.  We run Windows 7 Professional SP1.  I only have this issue with Excel 2010; at least taht I've had oppertunity to notice.  Whenever I print a document that is set to landscape in the document It is always printed in "flip up" mode.   All the drivers have been set to "flip over".  We use HP printers.  

The printers I use are HP Laserjet M5035 MFP driver HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v5.4) (61.118.1.11744) UPD Version 5.4.0.11744; HP Laserjet M4555 MFP driver HP Universal Printing PCL 6 (v5.8.0) (61.160.1.17508) UPD Version 5.8.0.17508; HP Laserjet M525 MFP driver HP Laserjet Enterprise 500 MFP M525 PCL 6 (61.145.2.14904) Version 5.6.5.14904.  

Each printer is set the same way.  On the "Finishing" tab the "Print on both sides" checkbox is checked, "Flip pages up" checkbox is unchecked, and the "Booklet" drop down is set to off.  "Paper Orientation" is set to "Portrait" which is what I want most of the time.  When I boot up, the first time I print anything from Excel where the document is set to landscape in the Page Setup dialog box it prints it landscape, but as if it was set to the "flip up" option.  To me this is upside down.  When I check the setting in the driver the "Finishing" tab is set as described above and the "Printing Shortcuts" tab the "Print on both sides" selection box is set to "Yes, flip over".  But if I open the "printer properties" dialog box from within an Excel file on the "Printing Shortcuts" tab the "Print on both side" selection box is set to "Yes, flip up".  When I change it to "Yes, flip over" it will hold this setting until I restart my computer.  I can close and open Excel as often as I want to and it continues to work, until I rebot my computer.  

I have made this change and saved the files multiple times, but as soon as the computer is restarted it is jacked up again (to use technical jargon).   How can the Print driver bet set to "Yes, flip over" and when the same dialog box is opened from within Excel it is set to "Yes, flip up" is beyond me.

With this in mind, after reading most of the other comments it seems to potentially be a Windows profile issue.  I've had a PDF printing proglem in the past that no one in our IT group was able to figure out.  They created a new Windows profile for me and it corrected the PDF problem.  I don't know if doing this would work for this issue or not.

HP Recommended

Windows 7,

Canon IP 7250

Word printing booklet, automatic duplex.

Why is it I am getting the reverse page printed upside down?

I do not consider myself stupid with the PC - but now getting closer to that feeling.

I happily printed duplex earlier on normal page printing, but booklet printing seems a new world to me.

Can anyone help? PLEASE!!!

HP Recommended

This worked for me! Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

Print> Tab under Orientation: Choose 'layout' > (make sure two-sided setting is on) Two-sided: 'Short-edge binding' > Print. 

*make sure 'reverse page orientation' and 'flip horizontally' is unchecked. 

Hope this helps. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.