Downloading HP Solution Center in Windows 7 (162892 Views)
Top Student
chill4hhorse
Message 1 of 9 (162,892 Views)
Accepted Solution

Downloading HP Solution Center in Windows 7

[ Edited ]

I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 and have two HP printers.  I can't seem to find the HP solution center any longer and can't figure out how to check my ink levels or print a test page.  Can someone help?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 9 (162,884 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP Solution Center

What printer model? 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
chill4hhorse
Message 3 of 9 (162,876 Views)

An Officejet HP 6000 wireless

Top Student
chill4hhorse
Message 4 of 9 (162,875 Views)

Also an HP Photosmart D7360

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 9 (162,870 Views)

chill4hhorse wrote:

An Officejet HP 6000 wireless

The full featured driver for the Officejet 6000 wireless model can be downloaded from HP here.  It was released just a few weeks ago, version 14.1

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 9 (162,864 Views)

chill4hhorse wrote:

Also an HP Photosmart D7360

The full featured drivers for the Photosmart D7360 are available for download from HP here.

Top Student
chill4hhorse
Message 7 of 9 (162,850 Views)

Thank you.  It worked for both of my printers.  I appreciate your help.

Honor Student
H_print_probs
Message 8 of 9 (162,756 Views)

Hi there. I too have just got a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit. The HP printer (HP Photosmart C5180) installed itself automatically once connected to the computer - I didn't need to use the original installation disc (about 3 years old now) nor did I have to access the HP website. The printer runs fine. I'm effectively using it wirelessly by having it linked to the router with a cable and then printing by using the computer's wireless connection.

However, there is no HP Solution Center installed, so I cannot access the printer ink levels (much more accurate through the Center) nor alter the darkness of copies, or the scan settings etc etc, all of which I used to do through the Solution Center. Can you help, please - I'm reticent about downloading the full printer drivers off the HP website in case I then end up with connection problems. Isn't there somewhere to just download the Support Center on its own?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 9 (162,678 Views)

H_print_probs wrote:

Hi there. I too have just got a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit. The HP printer (HP Photosmart C5180) installed itself automatically once connected to the computer - I didn't need to use the original installation disc (about 3 years old now) nor did I have to access the HP website. The printer runs fine. I'm effectively using it wirelessly by having it linked to the router with a cable and then printing by using the computer's wireless connection.

However, there is no HP Solution Center installed, so I cannot access the printer ink levels (much more accurate through the Center) nor alter the darkness of copies, or the scan settings etc etc, all of which I used to do through the Solution Center. Can you help, please - I'm reticent about downloading the full printer drivers off the HP website in case I then end up with connection problems. Isn't there somewhere to just download the Support Center on its own?

Any help greatly appreciated.

The Solution Center needs to be installed as part of the full featured driver package.  You can download this from HP here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation