Question

Honor Student
hkowalof
Message 1 of 12 (2,751 Views)
Accepted Solution

Erase printer memory

How do I erase the memory from my HP C309 all in one printer?

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 12 (2,737 Views)

Re: Erase printer memory

Hi - Are you running into a problem with the printer (error message, etc.)?  The printer is just a "line printer" which means it relys on the computer to do all of the processing and doesn't store an entire printer job.  If there is anything in the printer memory, typically just turning it off and back on will dump whatever information was in the printer memory.  You can also unplug the power supply from the back of the printer (for 60 seconds) and then reconnect.  This will perform a basic reset.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
darkskyny
Message 3 of 12 (2,736 Views)

what if i want to do the opposite - PRINT some docs from my memory??

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 4 of 12 (2,731 Views)

The printer doesn't store any previous print jobs, you would have to re-send it from the computer.  This printer isn't like "page printers" which receive the entire print job and then print.  It receives it one line (or a little bit more) at a time, prints it and clears it's memory for the next "line" of information from the computer.  If you are using a memory card, you would access the memory card through the LCD on the printer.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
hkowalof
Message 5 of 12 (2,719 Views)

Thanks for your quick response.  I am going to sell the printer and I wanted to make sure that anything I scanned could not be retrieved. So is what you say true for scanning and copying as well?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 12 (2,710 Views)

hkowalof wrote:

Thanks for your quick response.  I am going to sell the printer and I wanted to make sure that anything I scanned could not be retrieved. So is what you say true for scanning and copying as well?

Correct, the printer itself does not store any details of the print, copy or scan jobs.  Make sure any camera cards have been removed from the front panel slots.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
Jim26
Message 7 of 12 (2,014 Views)

Laser jet P2035, XP operating system,

This printer seems to store the whole document in memory. If you have a long document in memory and don't want to print it, shutting off every thing does not solve the problem. It starts printing again when you turn back on.

How can you dump what is in memory?

Honor Student
3200User
Message 8 of 12 (1,662 Views)

How do I erase memory in my HP 3200 printer.  I need to do this for security reasons.

Regents Professor
lions99
Message 9 of 12 (1,654 Views)

@3200User, you can do a hard reset with the printer which will delete everything that's been saved on the printer which isn't anything you should be worried about. 

Hard Reset:

Unplug the power cord from the printer and wall

Wait 30 sec

Plug power cord back into the printer, and then the wall ( do not plug power cord into a surge protector )

This will erase anything that's been saved on the unit. 

Remember if you find any of my post helpful or want to say thanks make sure to click the white star under my name to give me Kudos.

I really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Honor Student
3200User
Message 10 of 12 (1,648 Views)

Accept as Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation