Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a 1 1/2 yr old HP 2600n color laser jet printer.  It is used for home use and might have 500-1000 total prints ever!  I am now getting an error code in regards to the laser scanner for Magenta.  Of course the printer is out of warranty, the online HP guys couldn't help me fix it and said it is a hardware problem and to contact one of their partners.  I did so and they are telling me it will be $400-$500 to fix.

I wouldn't think HP would be oK with their printers failing like this after so little use, it makes me not want to ever buy another HP again.  My question is two fold - is there anyway I can fix this on my own - for $100 or less??  Has anyone had success with HP stepping up to fix something that is obviously an issue with their product, despite an expired warranty?  And finally, I have four brand new cartridges in the printer right now.  If I can't fix it, I won't buy another one - what do I do with the $375 worth of toner?

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This printer has very bad positioned fan at the bottom of the laser/scanner unit. This fan is almost useless but it takes all dust that is collecting under the printer and send it to magenta mirrors. Before any errors appear it should fade the magenta color at the sides ot the printout. Solution is carefully clean the mirrors using isopropanol, remove all plastic grates in front and at the back of the fan and close all fan vents with a tape. The fan should not be just disconnected because you will get "main fan" error. Hopefully this would solve the problem and get printer work again. Disassembling is time consuming because of lot of screws to be removed and tricky cable holders behind the back cover.

If you have different problem, i.e. not emiting laser diode, you may sell out the toners in ebay. I need the formatter board if you want to get some more money back from the dead printer.

HP Recommended

hp acolor laserjet 3600n model ---error 51.22

HP Recommended

sir i have an HP  CM 1017 printer, now this printer displays error 51.22 on the display . and saying switch off and on. ............. but same error will you help me plze 

thanks in advance

HP Recommended

Hello, Did you by chance take your unit apart to clean the mirrors?  If you did and then experienced the problem, which is what I did, I accidentally hooked up the bottom two ribbon cables in the opposite slots on the dc controller board.  When I swapped them back to the correct position, things are back to normal.

HP Recommended

Had the same probem.  Open the front and rotate the black document glide film a full rotation, carefully cleaning with a soft cloth any ink dust on the film.  Once back to its original position, with the white know on the upper right, move the film about 8-9 inches.  close up, power down and back up and your problem should disappear as it did for me

HP Recommended
Cleaning the ETB, (black film), did not fix the error.

The power cycle temporarily cleared it.

The error is internal to the laser/scanner.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.