Question

Honor Student
Short-Circuit
Message 1 of 7 (3,867 Views)

Error... Error.... Error... What do they mean?

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.   

The HP Photosmart C7250 printer I own now I only used one or two days a week for printer.... never used for fax.... only a few times for coping.   I only used one black print ink and still have the original color inks.    Does any know what is going on with HP printers????

Does anyone know what these error message mean on the printer screen:

B851FE84

B3FFFB46

B41C0840

0x00000001

Well, I done a search to try and find a solution to the flashing lights and error code B851FE84 being displayed on my HP Photosmart C7250 All-In-One Printer and found instructions do disconnect the power and hold down # key and numer 6 while power on the unit after waiting 20 seconds.    Well, that successful resulted in another error code B3FFFB46.   So, I tried the process again and that resulted in an "Ink System Failure - Unable to copy, receive faxes or print.  Refer to printer documentation.  Error: 0x00000001  Turn power off, then on again."  Tried power off, power on - same insightful message.

Knowing software sometimes have cliches, I visited HP website and download their tools and latest software.   Installed and executed the HP Print Diagnostic Utility 3.0 - no problems were found until I clicked "Print a test page".   Upon clicking the option to print a test page, the printer lights begain flashing and reported "Turn power off, then on again."    The HP Solution Center window, for Ink System Failure states "The ink system has failed and can no longer print.  Refer to printer documentation.  

Downloaded the HP Photosmart C7250 Basic Guide, Setup Guide and User Guide.  The only reference to "ink system" refers to packing instructions for return the printer to HP.

Installed the latest driver software and no change.... same problem.   

Next I searched only, phoned the 1-800 number and spoke to a HP agent.    After explain the situation, the HP agent recommended I purchase a new HP printer.   They would be willing to sell me the latest and greatest piece of junk [ I mean new printer ] for just $199, which includes shipping and handling.     

Hmmmm....   I wonder if Air Canada orders new air planes ever time a component doesn't work.    Or perhaps do they find the cause and fix the problem.        It seems HP's solution to through the baby out with the bath water is their newest approach to fixing bugs.

Let me know if anyone got a solution.    My next solution is a sledge hammer and never purchasing HP products again.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 7 (3,856 Views)

Re: Error... Error.... Error... What do they mean?

Hi, try resetting the printer (see link below). Does that fix it?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00489814&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Honor Student
mazbadesha
Message 3 of 7 (2,884 Views)

Hi there,

I am having the same problem did you ever get it fixed i am pulling my hair out, when i purchased this printer it worked perfect and suddenly one day just went! I continue to get the flashing lights tried everything rang HP they been nothing but useless cause my item is out of warranty!

I has not been moved i get error codes b851fe84

b4008002

tb024afa8

and many more and half off the error codes do not stay long enough for me to documentate them, i ams so unhappy with this item right now as i need it more then ever.

I need to sort this and their seems nothing i can do to stop the flashing lights and error even resetting the pile of crap does not work

Student
forcemd2049
Message 4 of 7 (2,182 Views)

I've been having the same error messages and flashing light syptoms, but when I performed the tasks in this order: Disconnected the USB from the printer, removed all the cartridges (while the printer was still on), removed the power and reapplied the power (the error message will still appear) then using the power button to shut the printer down and powering it up again three (3) times for some reason sovled the problem. I'm not clear on why this error happens but it could be in the firmware.  

Honor Student
jmacout
Message 5 of 7 (2,149 Views)

Were you able to solve this problem you were having?

Student
trantrana
Message 6 of 7 (2,017 Views)

Hi Guys,
I have the same issue as you guys did.
I bought this printer from Costco since It offered $110 rebate. Thought it was cheap, i got it and leave it home unopened until last year since I already had a laser printer. This HP c7250 was good to start with to give us good photo printings. Then last month, I got the message "ink system error ...code 0xC05D1281. I tried to reboot many times... same thing happened. calling HP, no more guarantee, calling costco, "it already lasted 3 years from the day I bought"...I could not believe that HP could produce a bad product like this... could be used not more than 100 times printing, what is HP reputation. It was really piss me off. A Sony television could last 30 years of every night using about 3 hours....
No wonder why now a day HP reputation is gone away !!!
Student
Neally
Message 7 of 7 (1,345 Views)

HP should give a description of what the error codes mean. Obviously whoever in HP wrote the software/firmware built these error codes into the system for a reason. Appears this is a built in money grab after warranty expires. I'm sure the firmware is keeping track of cartridge dates etc...This started happening on my 7250 after I ignored the replace blue cartridge about 5-10 times and set printer up to use black cartridge only. I'm sure, since I also write software, this error somehow involves the skipping of cartridge replacement microcode and ignoring HP's constant replace message.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation