Question

Honor Student
AssistedLiving
Message 1 of 10 (7,620 Views)

Error message on printer

My printer, which is a HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP is displaying "supply memory warning" How do I fix this?

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 10 (7,583 Views)

Re: Error message on printer

Hello AssistedLiving!

According to a matrix of errors for one of our laserjet products I found this info:

SUPPLY MEMORY WARNING

Economode disabled
The product cannot read the memory in the print cartridge.If you believe you purchased a genuine HP supply, go to www.hp.com/go/anticounterfeit .

Did you recently replace your toner for this device? This may be related to the toner being from a third party and not being supported for the device (third party supplies can damage the product or may not perform to specs). Please post back results.

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Honor Student
AssistedLiving
Message 3 of 10 (7,577 Views)

It was purchased by my organizatoin from Sun Office supplies. It was in the printer for several weeks before I received this message.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 10 (7,572 Views)

Are you able to check if the toner cartridge installed is from HP? It is important to know if the product was designed for use with this printer. Third party supplies may or may not work as intended, sometimes working for a period of time before prematurely failing or preventing further use.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Student
siongjoo1818
Message 5 of 10 (7,240 Views)

My printer, which is a HP LaserJet 1536dnf MFP is displaying "supply memory warning" How do I fix this?
Professor
Daniel_L
Message 6 of 10 (7,239 Views)

Hello,

Have you read through the initial posts and determined the type of toner being used?

Student
laurasam2004
Message 7 of 10 (6,899 Views)

my company laserjet 1536dnf mfp printer is saying "supply memory warning". we have recently changed the toner to 278a toner which was supplied from laserjet. is there any way to fix this issue as our faxes are not being recieved now?

Student
Hmoreno
Message 8 of 10 (3,271 Views)

im getting a error message on my printer

message is supply memory warning how can fix it

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 9 of 10 (3,247 Views)

Hi Hmoreno,

I understand you're getting a supply memory warning error on your HP printer. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing this but I will do my best to help.

I may need to gather a bit more information in order to assist better.

Which printer is it that you have? (Click here to find the model/product number)

Is the error there all the time or only when you do certain things?

Had you read the earlier posts on this thread to see if those suggestions helped?

Please let me know this information and we will go from there!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Student
AsifAliIT
Message 10 of 10 (1,042 Views)

I cant send or recieved fax.an error on screen 'suplly momery Warings'how can i do fix it........?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation