Question

Honor Student
jhuggins95959
Message 1 of 3 (1,560 Views)

Excessive INK LEVEL LOW warnings; Excessive PRINTER OFF LINE warnings on HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m

HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m Excessive INK LEVEL LOW Warnings: False PRINTER OFFLINE Warnings

I have the HP Photosmart Plus B209a-m, Lenovo T43 running XP SP3.

I love the print quality and the way it looks. But...it's very noisy and the big problem is:

When any one of the 4 ink cartridges gets to around 25%, the ink low warning , comes on, sometimes more than once per minute! And then it opens the LARGE dialogue box right in the middle of the screen showing me ink levels (none below 25% by the way), and  * soliciting me to buy ink from them on line or from a dealer or whatever.  I close it and the three warning boxes (Ink level low-two boxes simultaneously and Printer Offline)....Then a couple minutes later all them are back. This makes the computer basically unusable.

*These frequent (every few minutes)  PRINTER OFFLINE warnings occur even though it is on line. this is a wireless enabled printer. Despite the warning that it is offline, as soon as I issue a print command the printer responds (with the ink level warnings of course, while it's printing).

How can I disable (forever) the  OFFLINE and INK LEVEL warnings?

Student
redsee83
Message 2 of 3 (1,463 Views)

Re: Excessive INK LEVEL LOW warnings; Excessive PRINTER OFF LINE warnings on HP Photosmart Plus B209

On the touchscreen of the printer

touch setup

touch preferences

touch cartridge chip info

then touch OK

no more annoying pop-ups

NoteTo re-enable the usage information function, restore the factory defaults.
NoteYou can continue to use the cartridge in the HP product if you turn off the memory chip's ability to collect the product's usage information.

Honor Student
IRMveCig8
Message 3 of 3 (1,225 Views)

Re: Excessive INK LEVEL LOW warnings; Excessive PRINTER OFF LINE warnings on HP Photosmart Plus B209

Printer > B 209  I want to disable the low ink warnings.

I followed the below instructions and after I touch preferences there is no cartridge chip info option, any ideas?

On the touchscreen of the printer

touch setup

touch preferences

touch cartridge chip info

then touch OK

no more annoying pop-ups

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation