Expired Ink Message (368 Views)
Student
nlj1129
Message 1 of 3 (368 Views)

Expired Ink Message

I have a Photosmart C7250, that I bought at Costco, that is not functioning properly because of constant messages telling me that my ink has expired. I have bought all of my very expensive ink cartridges from Costco. Now I have had to replace two brand new Yellow ink cartridges. Why am I getting these messages? Why is my ink expiring? How do I shut off these stupid messages, or in what ocean should I throw this printer???

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (360 Views)

Re: Expired Ink Message

This page has information on ink expiration.   The ink for this model does have a shelf life.  When buying cartrdiges look for the "install by" date or "end of warranty" date on the package.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
booklady85
Message 3 of 3 (341 Views)

Re: Expired Ink Message

I received the expired ink message on a cartridge good until May 2011.  It also said it was empty.  So I replaced it with a brand new one, exp. Jan 2013 and am still getting the message"  Replace the following ink cartridges to resume printing' 

I have done the unplug the cable and powercord, waited 30 seconds, replugged it in.  still getting the message.  Oh, I also cleaned the contacts on the cartridge.

Still getting the 'empty cartridge' message.

Any suggestions ?

thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation