Question

Student
SCoPC
Message 1 of 11 (6,124 Views)

F2210 Deskjet has all lights on and will not work. Had an error message of Printer disconnected.

The printer is less than two years old. It's an HP deskjet F2210. All the lights are on and the printer won't turn off either. I initially received an error message of "printer is disconnected". After researching, I found info about it being "offline". I fixed that issue and it still didn't work. One of the forums stated to uninstall the software and then reinstall. That hasn't worked either. Any suggestions?

Student
mikeboli
Message 2 of 11 (6,023 Views)

Re: F2210 Deskjet has all lights on and will not work. Had an error message of Printer disconnected.

I have the same problem.  Did you ever receive an answer?

You wrote: 

The printer is less than two years old. It's an HP deskjet F2210. All the lights are on and the printer won't turn off either. I initially received an error message of "printer is disconnected". After researching, I found info about it being "offline". I fixed that issue and it still didn't work. One of the forums stated to uninstall the software and then reinstall. That hasn't worked either. Any suggestions?

F2210 Deskjet has all lights on and will not work. Had an error message of Printer disconnected.
Student
printer-recover
Message 3 of 11 (5,796 Views)

Re: F2210 Deskjet has all lights on and will not work. Had an error message of Printer disconnected.

Same issue. Someone got an answer?

Honor Student
CSCassel
Message 4 of 11 (5,712 Views)

Same problem - for about 2 weeks now.  I can't figure it out.  Is it a time sensitive thing?

Honor Student
CSCassel
Message 5 of 11 (5,705 Views)

I found another post concerning another model, turn off (unplug) the printer, do a restart on the computer and press the #/3 (don't know what worked but I had cap locks on and held the shift key as if I were typing the # symbol) key while pressing the 6 on the number keypad (right hand side of the keyboard) . When windows started and was all logged on the printer worked. Go figure!

Honor Student
dsmith8972
Message 6 of 11 (5,463 Views)

Today I find my printer with this same problem. I have unplugged it, I have disconnected it from computer, I have shut down and restarted--nothing works.  It will not turn off when I push the button, and when I open the door, the ink cartridges do not come over like they are supposed to. 

It has never done this before.

I installed a new black print cartridge night before last, and printed one document, but printed nothing since then.

I'm gonna try what you said worked for you.  If you have found out anything else about this problem please let me know.

Honor Student
tomvargo
Message 7 of 11 (4,993 Views)

To get the printer lights and power off, hold down the Power, Cancel and Black&White buttons at the same time. All power should go off in about 3 seconds. You can then turn the printer back on. It will make you reinstall the drivers. Also check 'Start' > Printers to make sure it's still there and showing 'Ready'. If not, delete and re-add the printer.

This has happened to me twice after power outages. Good luck.

Student
TonyaBlack
Message 8 of 11 (3,196 Views)

I have uninstalled my printer and now its says it ready but the ERROR light are still on and I have held them pressed for a few mins now and nothing and I really need to get the paper printered out and having the worse trouble with it. I use to unplug for a few hours and plug it back up and it would word but I havent  used it in about a year due to the error lights and now i need something printed and cant get too it HELP

Honor Student
splizz
Message 9 of 11 (1,376 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I am an electronics repairman and have successfully repaired this exact model for the same problem wich you and many others describe (all lights on and frozen with the number 8 displayed)" ..about 6 of them so far. It is due to one single bad capacitor located on the power/USB input circut board. This capacitor is always the problem, and replacing it fix's the issue 99% of the time. This issue is one HP is very aware of, as thier manufacturer is at fault. Time to complete repair is about one hour for the inexperienced. Soldering is required.

Obtain a small but long torx bit driver and remove the two screws located under the scanner lid in both corners. Using a flat head screw driver, pry up on the control button cover and remove it to gain access to the other two screws in the other two corners. Pull up on the scanner glass frame slowly and pull out the ribbon cable underneath from the base of the printer..set it aside. Now pull up on the main housing and remove the two ribbon cables by pulling them out of the base. You can now see the power/usb circut board in the bottom right corner "back of printer facing you". In the middle and towards the left you will see a green 10v 330uf swollen capacitor.

Remove the three screws from the print head rail on the right, and two more screws on the left of the print head. All five torx screws will be in almost a straight line down the middle of the rail ..with the exception of one near the corner edge.

Lift up the entire rail and print head slowly and pull out the ribbon cable from the power/usb board, also pull out the motor power cable.  Now unplug the paper feed motor from the same board. In the middle right edge of the printer housing going through the circut board is one more screw down in a hole between the motor bracket and the plastic print head rest...remove it.

Slide the print head rest "which is spring loaded" to the right as far as it will go and hold it there while using your other hand to push forward the small plastic tab with a screw driver. This tab is located in the bottom left of the printer head rest next to the circut board. Grab the paper feed motor bracket and push forward and up at the same time..now slowly lift the right side of the entire paper feed assembly away from the power/usb circut board. Lift the circut board out from under the paper feed assembly and unplug the feed switch. Unsolder the capacitor and replace with any voltage equal to or greater than 10v with 330 uf "Radio Shack $5".

Reassemble in reverse order. For insurance reasons, along side about a dozen others just as restrictive, companies such as HP can face severe repercussions for advising any customer/consumer to attempt a repair that can be a health hazard and/or cause death..such as an electrical shock. 

Tip: In the very rare event the problem presist after preforming this repair, simply replace the second black capacitor even if no visible signs it is defective.

Honor Student
GrampyPeter
Message 10 of 11 (1,144 Views)

I did what Splizz suggested and it worked for me.  However, When I got the glass section off and could see the green capacitor, I was reluctant to remove more hardware and instead melted a hole through the bottom of the case right under the capacitor with my soldering iron.  I was able to unsolder the defective component and pull it out.  I cleaned the holes with a straight pin.  

Now my problem is flashing cartridge lights and a big "E" in the copy count window. :smileysad:

Printer won't do anything under this condition.  Wish there was a way to override the error message and make the thing go through the motions of printing even with "no ink."  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation