Question

Honor Student
wkjgmom
Message 1 of 4 (9,163 Views)

F380, flashing orange light next to the droplet, E lit up

I use this printer with a laptop so connect when needed.  I was able to print yesterday a couple times before this error message came up.  I have tried reinstalling the drivers, power drain, system restarts, removing/reinstalling ink cartridges, etc.  Any suggestions regarding what this error means and what I can do about it?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 4 (9,147 Views)

Re: F380, flashing orange light next to the droplet, E lit up

THIS document should tell you what the blinking lights denote.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
wkjgmom
Message 3 of 4 (9,138 Views)

That document was helpful and I have bookmarked it for future use.  However, following the instructions indicated for the error lights on my printer did not solve the problem.

Anything further I can try?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 4 (9,137 Views)

The document should tell you in the end to either service the printer, or replace the cartridge. So call HP Tech Support and see what can be done.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation