Question

Student
buddyoj
Message 1 of 3 (3,513 Views)

False paper jam indication on officejet 4500 wireless

Periodically, I get a message saying I have a paper jam but in reality, I do not.  It still prints but it is annoying to have that message since I don't know if it is real or not until I double check or wait and it does go ahead and print.  Does any one know what is going on and is there a fix?

Thanks.

BuddyOJ

Teacher
YanaIce
Message 2 of 3 (3,458 Views)

Re: False paper jam indication on officejet 4500 wireless

Hi,

Try the steps provided in this link and see if this solves your problem. If after doing all the steps here and you still are encountering the same issue, I suggest you call HP hotline,  1-800-HP-INVENT (1-800-474-6836).

Try the steps provided in this link first:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01959045&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Thanks

" Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
. "
Student
growells
Message 3 of 3 (717 Views)

Re: False paper jam indication on officejet 4500 wireless

I'm now having the same issue.  A false paper jam report almost everytime I reboot my computer although I do not have and I have never had a paper jam.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation