HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
04-13-2010 03:23 PM - edited 12-05-2012 01:14 PM
The best way to get the latest software and fixes from HP is to run HP Update.
This can be found on the Start menu under HP. This program can be setup to run automatically. For more information about HP Update and how it works please visit this web site.
Listed below are some of the patches that have been released to fix various HP software issues.
All the fixes listed below cover various versions of HP Software, if you download and install an update and the update gives a message that it is not needed, this means that your installed version of the HP software already has the fix installed or it is not needed.
1) Solution Center Upgrade (Needed for HP Software versions 10 thru 12)
This update corrects two issues:
1) Solution Center prompting for disk when launched or during a pc reboot and
2) Prevents an application error with hpqgpc01.exe when PC is shut down
2) HP Core Software Patch (Needed for HP Software versions 8 thru 10)
Corrects an issue that causes the network connected printer to disappear from the system and/or the USB connected printer to repeatedly attempt to reinstall, and improves system responsiveness while spooling and printing documents.
3) HP Printer Communication Patch (Needed for HP Software versions 8 thru 10)
This update corrects an issue that can cause your computer to lose the connection with your printer, which may result in incomplete print jobs and loss of printer status messaging.
This Print Driver Update contains improvements for issues related to the following applications and/or print functionality:
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Duplex printing via network
- Printing from Intuit applications
- Print margin accuracy
- Thai language font
5) Double sided Printer Patches and Work around
How to setup duplex printing in the printer driver
Duplex Printing Second Page comes out upside down
6) Latest Version of HP Smart Web Printing Application (Fixes crashing in IE 8)
7) HP Solution Center displays a Blank Screen on startup.
I work for HP
06-29-2012 12:45 PM
This is some really good information. Thanks for taking the time to post !
If I solved your post please mark it as solved to help others.
I'm a printer tech with HP.