Question

Honor Student
PlannedFS
Message 1 of 7 (3,754 Views)

General Printer Error Message: 0x610000f6

Product:  HP C309a

Operating System: Windows XP

I removed all jammed paper from the back but still get the above error message.  The ink cartridge mechanism does not move back and forth.  Will move to the left once, then stops, so I turned off the printer, unpluged from the power source, gently moved the ink cartridge mechanism from left to right and verifying there was no paper stuck/jammed as outlined in the HP video and still the error message exists and it won't print.  It tells me to press OK to continue.  When I do that, I can hear the ink cartridge attempt to move back and forth but it doesn't and the same error comes up again.  If anyone can help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.  Thank you.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 7 (3,713 Views)

Re: General Printer Error Message: 0x610000f6

Check this document:

Error messages

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Honor Student
PlannedFS
Message 3 of 7 (3,710 Views)

0070HMSS:

Thanks so much for the response back, however, I have one additional problem to accomplish the solution to my problem and reset the product:  I can't remove the ink cartridges because the cartridge mechanism wants to go left to right, but does not. It makes a double clicking noise and then nothing.  I've also went through the steps to move the ink cartridge mechanism, left to right, to check for any paper jammed/stuck, there wasn't any and manually the cartridge does move with ease. I made sure to follow all the steps outlined on the HP help site to accomplish that.  One additional point:  when I did move the ink cartridge mechanism to the left, I noticed on the right side of the slide bar the ink cartridge mechanism slides on, there is a lot of ink that appears to have leaked out.  Could the connections be gunked up to the degree that the printer software is compromised?  This is what the readout says:

General Printer Error (Not ink error)

0x610000f6

Refer to Printer Documentation

Press OK to continue

When I press OK the readout is "Now printing", it wants to go through the motions (ink cartridge mechanism sounds like it wants to go left to right), but nothing happens but the double clicking sound.  Then the screen goes back to General Error message.  Should I try reseting the printer as outlined on the page you gave but without removing the cartridges?

Again, thank you so much!!

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 7 (3,707 Views)

Clicking noise would be a problem. If there is still something down in the path of the carriage preventing the ink stalls from moving, and you can find it and remove it, then everything may be okay. However, if something did block it, and damaged it internally, then the carriage will not move properly no matter what you do.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
manomet4
Message 5 of 7 (3,523 Views)

I am having the very same issue.  Followed all steps...but still error message.

What's next?

Student
prize1
Message 6 of 7 (3,004 Views)

Please help I have reset and turned everything on and off

Student
Willybee
Message 7 of 7 (905 Views)

I am getting the above message on the LCD display for my all in one wireless HP Officejet 6500 printer.  I have low ink on the color cartridges but a new black ink cartridge and was getting no black on my documents.  I cleaned the printheads via the printer menu and now I can get the black to print, but the printer spits out a blank page, then prints the document, then displays the error again and I cant print again unless I hit OK on the display.  The ink cartridges travel freely, no paper jam, have disconnected power and reconnected.  I I push the cartridge to the left it stops about 1/8th of an inch shy of its full travel but with a slight pressure will go the rest of the way.  Full easy travel to the right side to the end.

Any guidance appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation