Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi, it looks like the cartridge could be very close to empty....did you try the steps below?

• Click the printer icon on the taskbar.
  • Right-click Properties .
  • Click Toolbox in the Properties dialog box.
  • Select Open hp photosmart series Toolbox .
  • Click the Estimated Ink Level tab.
  • Check the ink level indicators in the graphic.
  • I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
    HP Recommended

ink lvl

Is not so empty to print so bad, or i'm wrong?

HP Recommended

Hi, try removing the photo and color cartridge - using only the black cartridge try to print something. Then put the color cartridge back in and print again - now does it appear green?

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
    HP Recommended

My 7550 is doing the same thing.  When I try to print a black only picture file I get a pale green color out of the printer.  I have run diagnostic and cleaning cycles and replacede every cartridge in the machine without improvement.

HP Recommended

Solved replacing the black cartridge with a new one although the old one was not empty. Thanks

@  VAHusker : it's better you take your printer to the technician.

HP Recommended

I am having this same problem.  I replaced the black ink.  My color is low, but when I xerox the same image I have printed (that is green instead of black like it is supposed to be) using the black and white copy on the machine, it prints black fine.  It is only images, text prints fine in black.  I reinstalled my software.  It is in all my programs, not just one, internet explorer, print shop etc.

HP Recommended

I have an HP2600N and I just replaced the black cartridge.  So perhaps it is the new cartridge that is a problem.  It prints regular pages fine, but prints from my scanner are green.  Photos really come out oddly.  The birthday card that I made for my daughter is green on one side and brownish on the other.  Really weird.

I cannot use the Toolbox solution, because I am not business and only business customers got the Windows 7 update to the toolbox.  If I get a new printer, it won't be an HP just because of that!

HP Recommended

I just changed my ink cartridges....and it print green instead of black please help

HP Recommended

@wpthompson53

Use original cartridges for this kind of tests (try it step by step, not all togheter):
    uninstall and reinstall the up-to-date driver (from the printer manufacturer site), try the printer in another pc, check if the cartridges is damaged, run diagnostic and cleaning cycles, try to clean the cartridges and the printer manually with alcohol (where you see ink). Checks this discussion and try everything that was suggested. If none of the above works:if the printer have a warranty, use it, else, take your printer to a repair shop.

Printers can easily have malfunction after many year: first because of the classical uses, second because of the non use (printer mustn't be unused for many months, in this cases, probably it won't be usable anymore).

some hints just in case, you need it:
    I would also add that, actually, a simple printer+scanner costs around 40 € so it's easy to substitute an older one, just remember that this kind of cheap products have not a long life.
    Finally, who buy a printer, should, before to look at the printer price, look at the cartridges prices.

HP Recommended
    I'm having this same issue BUT my test page prints perfectly. Black prints fine until I print an image or pdf file. I have fiddled with printer settings on this laptop asI use adobe photoshop, so perhaps it's simply the color management settings because my other computer prints fine.
    † The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.