Question

Uko Student
Student
Uko
Message 1 of 4 (4,220 Views)

HELP!! HP Deskjet F4280 not printing black

Help!

I need some documents printed soon and my black ink is not working at all!  Not even the alignment page or test pages print black ink.  The inks are fine and are both new.  The color works perfectly; its just the black ink that's not working and its getting me frustrated!  Printer is HP Deskjet F4280 All-In-One.

Please help!

Honor Student
heinlein83
Message 2 of 4 (4,208 Views)

Re: HELP!! HP Deskjet F4280 not printing black

Check if the black cartridge is expired. Expired ink might not work on your printer. If that not the case, it's better you contact the HP careline. Fixing it on your own will risk yourself having your product warranty voided.

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 3 of 4 (4,191 Views)

Hi - You might also remove the black cartridge verify the tape covering the nozzles came off completely.  If it did, take a damp cloth and hold it against the nozzles for 30 seconds.  If the nozzles are clogged, this might resolve the problem.  If that doesn't take care of it, I'd take the cartridge back to the dealer if you just purchased it.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Student
awhybrew
Message 4 of 4 (2,983 Views)

I have an HP Deskjet F4280 and it will not print black ink. I have replaced the ink cartridge with new #60, non-expired, cartridges twice now. It will print about ten pages before it tells me I am low on black ink but it will not print any black after that. I am using HP cartridges approved for my printer. The print test page only prints what is in red and blue. I have reset my printing system and added the printer again. What else can I do? I use my printer at least one or twice a week.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation