HP 1000 inkjet printer: how to lighten or darken? (949 Views)
Top Student
AnHPcustomer
Message 1 of 9 (949 Views)

HP 1000 inkjet printer: how to lighten or darken?

Does the HP 1000 inkjet printer driver allow the user to lighten or darken the image being printed?

I have read through the user's guide, and I don't see a way.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 9 (932 Views)

Re: HP 1000 inkjet printer: how to lighten or darken?

Hi,

Normally in DRAFT mode (from application) the printer will print lighter BUT the images will be terrible, text is ok.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
AnHPcustomer
Message 3 of 9 (927 Views)

Thanks for the reply, banhien.

The application is specifically printing photos that are a bit too dark.

Is your answer a roundabout way of saying that there is no lighten-darken control for this printer?

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 9 (916 Views)

Hi,

Some software allow users to adjust outputs before print. Which software are you using ?

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
AnHPcustomer
Message 5 of 9 (912 Views)

For what it's worth, the user in this case is my father, who has never read a forum.

By 'software', are you asking what driver my father is using?   I

Or, are you asking whether he is using some photo-processing software, such as PhotoShop?

He has not been using photo-processing sofware, although obviously if the printer screens cannot provide lighening/darkening, he will have to use a photo-processing app to do the lighening.

Provost
banhien
Message 6 of 9 (908 Views)

Hi,

There are many software products around but for HP printers, please us the following FREE product called "HP Photo Creations" to print. You can adjust photos before actually print:

creation.png

This is a third party product but our friends are on this forum and ready to help. You can download this product from the following link:

http://www.hp.com/hho/hp_create/themes_partners_hp_photo_creation.html

Regards.

BH
Top Student
AnHPcustomer
Message 7 of 9 (901 Views)

Thanks for recommending HP Photo Creations.

I looked at the cnet reviews for HP Photo Creations, and the reviews left me with some concerns.

The question that opened this string remains unanswered (I'm rewording it a bit to minimize any possible ambiguity): Does the print driver (which is opened if the user does File->Print) support lighten/darkening images?

I am using the term 'HP Deskjet 1000 print driver' to have the same meaning as the term 'print driver' that is referenced in the HP Deskjet 1000 User Guide, for example, on page 10.

I suspect the answer is No, but hopefully someone can confirm this very basic question.

Thanks.

Top Student
AnHPcustomer
Message 8 of 9 (876 Views)

I installed HP Photo Creations and tried it out.

It requires waaaaaaay too many steps to open and lighten a photo image.

I uninstalled HP Photo Creations and installed Faststone Image Viewer, which is much easier to use for this application.

HP Photo Creations seems to have been designed for a different purpose, even though I realize that it is theoretically possible to use it to lighten a photo image.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 9 of 9 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi AnHP.

Thanks for trying HP Photo Creations. The program is designed for creativity, so there are often several ways to do a task. In case someone else reads this (or you decide to try HP Photo Creations again), here's a way to lighten photos:

1. Open the Prints section of the catalog. (That link will allow you to install HP Photo Creations if you don't have it already.)
  2. Select a print size, such as 4x6.
  3. Click Personalize This.
  4. Load your photos from your computer, Facebook, Flickr, etc.
  5. Select the photo you want to edit and then click Touch-Up.
  6. Click Image Adjustments, as shown in Banhien's post.
  7. Adjust the Brightness slider.
  8. Click Done, then Print.

Hope this helps, and that you'll give HP Photo Creations another try.

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation