12-26-2011 08:13 PM
Looking for HP 1012 printer driver for Windows 7?
You, like me, tried to install the HP 1012 printer onto a computer that ran Windows 7, but to no avail.
You need to go to Start --> Devices and Printers --> Add a printer --> Add a local printer --> Select ":Use an existing port: DOT4_001 (Generic IEEE 1284.4 printing support)" --> click Next --> Select HP for manufacturer --> scroll down to HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5. Select this as your printer.
That's it, and make sure it's set as the default printer.
05-14-2012 01:51 PM
I read that installing the HP LaserJet 3055 PCL5, driver would enable my HP Laserjet 1012. I downloaded the software and followed the directions and the printer gives me "Unsupported Personality PCL" No success. sweet_land04
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper