HP 1280 Printer A3 size printing delay. (1674 Views)
Honor Student
Nirvan
Message 1 of 3 (1,674 Views)

HP 1280 Printer A3 size printing delay.

Hi,

I am having HP 1280 Deskjet printer which supports A3 size printing. Initially when I purchased the printer, printing was wonderful and there were no issues. Some time back though, the printer developed an issue while printing A3 size prints. Here is what happens (sequentially) when I give a print command to print on A3 size paper from any software (even test page).

1. Print file from any software (or even test page) on A3 sized paper
  2. Spooler shows the job being queued. The printer comes into action.
  3. The printer pulls the page inside, only about one-third, then stops pulling the page. 
  4. The printer sensors (I believe that is what the blue lights inside appear to do) try to sense the page. This sensing process  takes about 1-2 minutes. The page is still 1/3rd inside the printer.
  5. After about 1-2 minutes the printer starts printing and the page prints as normal.

So here is my issue. Why does my printer takes a long time to sense the page (or perhaps any other process) as mentioned in steps 3 and 4. Also, this issue does not occur when the same file (or any file) is printed on A4 sized paper

Any help please.

Note: I have tried unstalling and reinstalling the printer driver and that doesn't solve the issue.

regards,
Nirvan. 

Honor Student
agnt_noodles
Message 2 of 3 (1,473 Views)

Re: HP 1280 Printer A3 size printing delay.

I also have almost the same issue with this printer. When printing on A3 size of paper, the printer will pull the paper and then try to sense it...and afterwards it will be ejected and a message will prompt on the pc saying that there is a wrong size of paper or something like that...any ideas with this? or does anyone has a copy of the service manual?

Intern
pmhaseeb2010
Message 3 of 3 (1,463 Views)

Re: HP 1280 Printer A3 size printing delay.

hp dj1280 pickup roll need change

tecnical support for hp printing
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation