Question

Honor Student
jwittlock
Message 1 of 13 (13,066 Views)

HP 2055dn not always printing all pages of the print job

I have recently (in the last 6 months) purchased (5) HP 2055dn printers and added them to our networked print server. We have started to experience issues where users will print...I can watch the print job go through the print queue on the server and through the print queue on the computer...all of the print job will print except the last page. The only way to get the last page to print is to print something else...but again the last page is missing.

Any ideas?

Student
laurieg
Message 2 of 13 (12,869 Views)

Re: HP 2055dn not always printing all pages of the print job

I am having the same issue. Did you get this resolved?

Student
Dyellos
Message 3 of 13 (12,693 Views)

I am having the same problem too.  HP2055dn on the network with the PCL5e driver installed separately on each workstation using standard HP TCP ports.  Sometimes it works fine, other times the last page doesn't come out until something else prints - which may not even be the same day !

Printer was new, HP replaced it, problem still there.  Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Student
goranot
Message 4 of 13 (12,509 Views)

I Have exactly the same issue..any advise on how to resolve issue

Teacher
strmcsr
Message 5 of 13 (12,448 Views)

Sounds like the end of job command is getting stripped out on each print job with the PCL5e driver.  This command is given by the driver at the end of the job to automatically formfeed or eject the page, regardless of the last page has 66 lines of text or not.

There are 3 different Universal Print Drivers available for the 2055dn on the HP website.

Does this only occur with the PCL5e driver or does it also happen with the PCL6 and PostScript UPD versions?

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Teacher
strmcsr
Message 6 of 13 (12,445 Views)

I also noticed there is a Firmware Upgrade Utility out on HP.COM that addresses a few PJL command issues, so it might be worth checking the Firmware versions on your units to see if you have the latest:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=lj-725...

Though I work for HP, My posts express MY opinion, and not those of HP.
Student
loveaparade
Message 7 of 13 (11,493 Views)

See it on the PCL6 driver too...

Student
mandr05
Message 8 of 13 (9,231 Views)

Did this ever get solved. Purchased a 2055dn a couple months ago and it just started doing this same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Student
randoogle
Message 9 of 13 (8,191 Views)

[ Edited ]

I just removed the printer (2055dn) and installed it again, this time using the latest HP universal printer driver (PCL6 v5.3), and it seems to have cleared up. However, since this wasn't an issue when this particular printer was first installed and only developed over time, I won't know if that really fixed it or not for a while. Others can feel free to try this and let us all know if it worked for you.

Additional information:

OS - Windows XP Pro 32-bit

Connection - USB

Driver - HP upd pcl6-x32-5.3.1.10527 (okay, I don't know for sure if it's THE latest, I downloaded it a couple weeks ago).

Honor Student
borglah
Message 10 of 13 (8,171 Views)

I have a user with Windows 7, HP 2055dn, locally connected, PCL6 driver, and we simply unplugged the power source and plugged it back in to clear the cache and hers works again!  Will let you know if it sticks or not!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation