HP 3050 Deskjet Ink Cartridges Compatibility Problems. (4577 Views)
Honor Student
neotech
Message 1 of 5 (4,577 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 3050 Deskjet Ink Cartridges Compatibility Problems.

Hello everybody, I buy a Month ago a New All in one printer HP Deskjet 3050 in Mexico, my cousin´s country, then I went back to home and installed the printer, everything went flawless, very nice quality, and all the goodies of HP, until I tried to replace the Ink Cartridges.

As it is suppose, I went to SureSupply website and there they told me that my correct cartridges were the HP 61, so I buy a pair of them, and when they arrived the very next day and put it to the printer, this device told me that the new Cartridges were incompatible and nothing worked, and when I look Inside the printer the correct ink cartridges are labeled as HP 122, no HP 61 so what tha hell happen here, I can not understand this, so i tried to found a place where to buy a new pair of HP 122 ink cartridges and I´ve just discover that this type of cartridges were no available in the US AT ALL, so Iám very upset with this type of behavior. Now please if you can tell me what can I do.

Thanks.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (4,554 Views)

Re: HP 3050 Deskjet Ink Cartridges Compatibility Problems.

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
cajlanns
Message 3 of 5 (1,312 Views)

I purchase a HP 3050 Deskjet printer, I have looked and search the whole virgin islands for the replacement Ink. the Ink I received with the printer is 122 I cannot fine it any where. I was told by the HP agent that the 3050 printer carry #61 and now that I purchase it and ready to printer work for my college research paper it no working. this  makes me very upset. who can  get this sort out to get the proper ink. I hope i get this sort . I am disappointed HP.I dont think I ever purchase a HP printer again this my second time I get burn with HP

Distinguished Professor
Rich1
Message 4 of 5 (1,250 Views)

Hi cajlanns,

I'd like to help.  Can you answer some questions?

1. Can you give me the Model # for the printer?  An example would be J611g.
  2. What country were you in when you purchased the printer?
  3. Can you give me the exact error message you are receiving?
  4. What is the operating system for your computer?
Also, remember a click on the Kudos star to the left is a quick "Thanks" for a helpful post.

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button on the post that best answers your question.

I appreciate your input ! ___________________________________ _____

Thank You,
Rich
Expert
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 5 (1,239 Views)

cajlanns wrote:

I purchase a HP 3050 Deskjet printer, I have looked and search the whole virgin islands for the replacement Ink. the Ink I received with the printer is 122 I cannot fine it any where. I was told by the HP agent that the 3050 printer carry #61 and now that I purchase it and ready to printer work for my college research paper it no working. this  makes me very upset. who can  get this sort out to get the proper ink. I hope i get this sort . I am disappointed HP.I dont think I ever purchase a HP printer again this my second time I get burn with HP.

You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation