04-03-2011 12:14 PM
I have an HP Deskjet 5940. The HP Deskjet 5900 Series - Status window gives the error message:
Print Cartridge(s) Problem
Print Cartridge Problem
The following print cartridge has a problem:
Refer to printer documentation.
It looks as though the printer is not detecting the cartridge. It was working previously and showed to have about 75% ink level.
I've tried to clean the cartridge and terminals but it has not worked.
1. Is this a printer problem or a cartridge problem? It seem risky to go out and buy a $40 cartridge only to find the problem is with the printer.
2. I don't need to print in colour. How can I print just using the black cartridge? It seems like a strange design that you can't print with just the black cartridge (or the Photo Print Cartridge) just because the colour cartridge isn't working.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper