Question

Student
fasterthanhp
Message 1 of 2 (739 Views)

HP 6110 Scanner failure

First poster here. I have an HP 6110 Officejet that I received from a friend. When I turn it on it initializes and then moves the scanner head to the right, under the glass. It appears that it will not stop trying to move it over. I ends up repeating the last move and the unit shakes.

I am able to remove the glass, front input panel and keypad. I have full access to the inside, but I see no marker or any small physical piece to tell it to stop moving the head over.

Can someone give me some assistance?

Honor Student
lduke
Message 2 of 2 (700 Views)

Re: HP 6110 Scanner failure

This sound very similar to a problem we had with our 6110.  After using it for about 5 years - one day when I turned it on, it initialized and then the unit continued to make repetitive sounds as it attempted to continue moving the scanner over to the right side of the unit.  The first few times, I was able to get it to reset by unplugging and waiting a few minutes.  Eventually this process failed and I ended up taking it to Computer Renaissance, a local computer repair shop. Cost me about $35 to get it fixed (better than the cost of a new one).  All I can remember of his explanation is that he found a sensor out of alignment and once he realigned it, the scanner no longer continued to "stutter" after the printer unit was turned on.  I also no longer turn it off at night.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation