09-26-2011 04:30 AM
The display has a flashing message "Rest Power", I have been unable to reset the power or print test page as per HP instructions. Each time I unplug the unit , wait at least 15 sec and plug back in I get the same message. I am using Windows Vista 32 bit OS. Has anyone out there encountered this and have a solution?
09-26-2011 09:12 AM
It looks like you are doing part of the power reset. Are you also unplugging from the wall to reset the Power module? Unplugging from the unit is part of it. To reset the module... unplugging from the wall will reset it.
Step one: Reset the power module
- Unplug the power supply from the rear of the product.
- Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet, power strip, or surge protector.
- the product uses a power module with a detachable power cord, disconnect the cord from the power module.
- Wait 15 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord to the power module.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet. Do not use a power strip or surge protector
See if this helps
I am employed by HP
05-23-2013 12:02 AM
Solution one: Reset the product
- Without turning off the product, disconnect the USB cable from the rear of the product. NOTE: The USB cable connects to the port on the back of the product. The port is labeled with the USB icon ( ). Figure 2: Example USB connection (your product might not look exactly the same as this example)
- Remove the cartridges from the product.
- Wait for the 'Insert Cartridges ' message to display on the control panel.
- Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product.
- Wait 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button ( ).
- Reinsert the cartridges, and then close any open doors on the product.
- If you receive a prompt to print a calibration page, do so.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the rear of the product, and then try printing again.
Solution two: Service the product If you have completed all the preceding steps and are still experiencing a problem, service the product. Determine if your product is in warranty or out of warranty. If you need help determining your product's warranty status, go toHP's Warranty Check Tool .
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper