Question

Top Student
tallbarb
Message 1 of 2 (1,868 Views)

HP 6940 Deskjet - Windows 7 64 bit Won't Print

I've searched the HP (and other) boards and haven't found an answer that resolves this issue. A friend of  mine recently bought a Dell Inspirion preloaded with Win 7 (64 bit). She has an HP 6940 Deskjet that's about a year old. Anyway, I set up her new system and installed the printer - it went just fine (or so I thought). But nothing will print.  If I unplug the USB cable, there's an audible tone that tells me the OS knows I disconnected the device - same thing when I plug it back in.  Everything I can check says the device is working properly - and all indicators are that it's "ready". However, when I print something, the document is queued up and instantly gone from the queue...then nothing.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times with no luck in terms of printing - successful install, though - ha!

I printed a report from the printer of its settings and status so I know it will print. For the network status it does say "Offline" - which is odd. I've submitted the issue to HP support and received a couple emails with things to try - nothing has worked yet. I am at a loss as to what to do next. Tell her to buy a new printer I guess.  Any and all suggestions would be welcomed - thank you!

Master's Graduate
WendyM
Message 2 of 2 (1,845 Views)

Re: HP 6940 Deskjet - Windows 7 64 bit Won't Print

Hi tallbarb,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. Since this is a duplicate post I'm going to lock this one, please check your other post here for replies:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/HP-6940-Deskjet-Windows-7-64-bit-Won-t-Print/m...

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation