Question

Student
OhMyAntlers
Message 1 of 2 (1,060 Views)

HP 6940 Ink Cartridge problem

Hello,

We have a few 6940's in our office, here.

It seems as though someone tried to put the wrong color ink cartridge into one of them, and now the printer is quite angry.

Both the power light and the resume lights are flashing.

As far as the cartridge carrier, it's doing something I've never seen before. Someone forced the wrong color cartridge out, and now we can't get the black ink cartridge out because there is a piece of plastic in the way. It's got a white sticker on it with two sets of symbols - one symbol seems to be the power light with an arrow pointing to it. To the right of this image seems to be another symbol of the power light, with lines coming off of it - as if the power light were "on."

I hope that makes some sort of sense.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Student
newsphotog1
Message 2 of 2 (884 Views)

Re: HP 6940 Ink Cartridge problem

Did you ever get an answer, or were you able to resolve this issue on your own?

My Dad took his two cartridges out 6 months ago as he goes to FLA for the winter.  When he came back & went to install cartridges---NO GO.  The same piece of plastic with two symbols comes up.  It's got a white sticker on it with two sets of symbols - one symbol seems to be the power light with an arrow pointing to it. To the right of this image seems to be another symbol of the power light, with lines coming off of it - as if the power light were "on."

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation