Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to find the option in the HP software to clean the print heads, but for the life of me I cannot find anything under PROPERTIES or PREFERENCES. The SERVICES tab has button for SERVICE THIS DEVICE, but when I click on it all I get is an error saying UNABLE TO PREFORM THE OPERATION. I have deleted and re installed the software from the original install disk.

Can anybody tell me how I clean the print heads?

Thanks,

Bobby

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Had the same problem - took me forever to figure out why I could not open up the "service this device" button.

You have to change you default web browser to Internet Explorer. Why? I have no idea... I had Firefox as my default browser and as soon as I changed it to IE, I went back into Printing Preferences and the "Service this device" button worked fine and I was able to align, clean, etc.

Hope this helps.

Brian

HP Recommended

We had the same problem today but found the Toolbox this way:

In Windows -- Start/All Programs/HP/HP Solution Center.  Open Solution Center.  Click on Settings/Print Settings/Printer Toolbox.  All the maintenance tools are there.

If you have the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in your lower right toolbar you can reach the Solution Center that way also.

Hope that works.

JS

HP Recommended
Brian - if you're still out there, many many thanks for the IE solution! Who would have guessed? Herb
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.