10-05-2009 01:07 PM
I'm trying to find the option in the HP software to clean the print heads, but for the life of me I cannot find anything under PROPERTIES or PREFERENCES. The SERVICES tab has button for SERVICE THIS DEVICE, but when I click on it all I get is an error saying UNABLE TO PREFORM THE OPERATION. I have deleted and re installed the software from the original install disk.
Can anybody tell me how I clean the print heads?
03-27-2010 10:51 PM
Had the same problem - took me forever to figure out why I could not open up the "service this device" button.
You have to change you default web browser to Internet Explorer. Why? I have no idea... I had Firefox as my default browser and as soon as I changed it to IE, I went back into Printing Preferences and the "Service this device" button worked fine and I was able to align, clean, etc.
Hope this helps.
10-29-2010 12:31 PM
We had the same problem today but found the Toolbox this way:
In Windows -- Start/All Programs/HP/HP Solution Center. Open Solution Center. Click on Settings/Print Settings/Printer Toolbox. All the maintenance tools are there.
If you have the HP Digital Imaging Monitor icon in your lower right toolbar you can reach the Solution Center that way also.
Hope that works.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper