Question

Honor Student
Optionsintime
Message 1 of 4 (2,329 Views)

HP 7210 Carriage Jam

I keep getting a persistent "Carriage Jam" message on my HP 7210 All in One printer. It will often cut off my documents in the middle of printing, and require constant attention especially during the printing of large documents. I have tried turning off and on, and have recently tried a "Cold Restart" Where I turned the printer on, unplugged it, then held 9# until the "Full Restart Message" appeared. After that, the screen went blank. Am I doing something wrong? Is there something else I can do to help with this problem?

Thanks!

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 2 of 4 (2,311 Views)

Re: HP 7210 Carriage Jam

Hi - Go ahead and try the steps in this document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00304007&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

It walks you through making sure there isn't something in the path of the carriage that is causing the problem.

Hope that helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
Optionsintime
Message 3 of 4 (2,292 Views)

hi,

i tried all of that and it seems like the problem is only getting worse. the carriage jam error comes up now everytime i try to print. the carriage does not actually seem to be jammed. it just stops in the middle of a print job.

i think there may be some issues with the sensors in my printer as well. after every print, i get three messages that pop up on my computer screen that say "New Hp Cartridge Installed" the first message is for black ink, the second for color and the third for photo.

is there anything i can do for my printer or is it just a lost cause at this point?

Associate Professor
kkcb9395
Message 4 of 4 (2,280 Views)

At this point, I think the only thing left to try is cleaning the encoder strip.  Typically this is the last step, because the encoder strip is easy to damage.   Follow the steps in this document and see what happens.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpd50646

Hope it helps.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos thumbs up. Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation