Question

Honor Student
3blackcar
Message 1 of 5 (2,920 Views)

HP 750xi not recognizing the color cartridge

Printer error - please insert color cartridge - also sometimes says wrong cartridge installed - both  errors are incorrect - correct color cartridge is in place.  any help?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 5 (2,905 Views)

Re: HP 750xi not recognizing the color cartridge

If this is the PSC 750 then clean the #78 cartridge contacts as shown here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
shirleyp
Message 3 of 5 (2,640 Views)

I'm having a similar problem the psc 750. When I first installed brand new HP cartridges, the test pages and copy tests worked fine except for some streaks. There was never a white waxy substance on the cartridge contacts. After I performed the suggested maintenance (per the display) and also cleaned the contacts manually (on the cartridges and the cradle), I got a persistent error "Incorrect color cartridge installed. " I cannot clear it even after following the instructions from HP support about unplugging, waiting 30 seconds and holding down the On button while plugging the power cord back in. What do I do next to fix this?  By the way, the scanner function is working fine.  Thanks.

Student
Jeff07081944
Message 4 of 5 (978 Views)

Could you please help me?

My 750 P.S.C. printer shows 'Error wrong black cartridge installed' but I have installed a new 15 cartridge into my printer and have exchanged it and taken it out and replaced it. My light on my printer has stopped flashing but the message still shows. I have tried to print a document but my quality light flashes and keeps trying to print but to no avail.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Jeff Coombs

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 5 (967 Views)

Jeff07081944 wrote:

Could you please help me?

My 750 P.S.C. printer shows 'Error wrong black cartridge installed' but I have installed a new 15 cartridge into my printer and have exchanged it and taken it out and replaced it. My light on my printer has stopped flashing but the message still shows. I have tried to print a document but my quality light flashes and keeps trying to print but to no avail.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Jeff Coombs

Try cleaning the cartridge and printer contacts as described in this document.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation