Question

Student
smileamp
Message 1 of 5 (1,972 Views)

HP 8500 series all in one wireless printer

I have just purchased this printer.  I am having problems with it not printing the last line or two on my documents.  I have checked the margins, etc.  EXAMPLE - In printing the same page five times- 3 out of the 5 will be missing the last line or two.  I've tried everything I know to do.  My next step will be returning the printer.  PLEASE HELP!!

Tutor
maximus888
Message 2 of 5 (1,956 Views)

Re: HP 8500 series all in one wireless printer

Hi,

Please check if the correct paper size has been selected in the print driver in Printing Preferences -> Printing Shortcuts -> Paper Size.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)

Teacher
csmys
Message 3 of 5 (1,951 Views)

Re: HP 8500 series all in one wireless printer

hi smileamp,

you may refer to this two support document below to resolve your issue

Printed Text is Cut Off on the Last Line of the Page in Windows Vista

Printed Text is Cut Off on the Last Line of the Page in Windows XP

i hope it helps

I am employed by HP .....(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
Student
elleon152
Message 4 of 5 (1,935 Views)

Re: HP 8500 series all in one wireless printer... HELP!

I have an HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g Series and am having serious issues with the printing. 5 out of 5 times, when printing, it cuts off the last line of the page, but also cuts off the bottom half of the return address when printing envelopes.  I've checked and preformed all of the troubleshooting I can find from cleaning the printhead to aligning them.  Would installing the HP Deskjet 990c print driver help me with this issue?

Teacher
csmys
Message 5 of 5 (1,914 Views)

Re: HP 8500 series all in one wireless printer... HELP!

hi elleon152,

installing HP deskjet 990c print driver as secondary print driver should help you with the issue. For general everyday printing. my recommendation is to continue using HP Officejet 8500 print driver to to print to your printer, only when you run into issue of last line of the page cut off, then you proceed to use the HP Deskjet 990c print driver to print to your printer.

please let me know if the HP Deskjet 990c print driver doesn't resolve your problem? and i'll see how can i assist you further with your problem.

I am employed by HP .....(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation