Question

Student
Rick5150
Message 1 of 2 (884 Views)

HP All-In-One 6310 Cutting off the bottom of every other line of text w/black ink

HP All-In-One 6310 Printer/Fax/Copier is cutting off the bottom half of every other line of text when printing in black.

This happens with multiple font styles, but only in black. The same text on the same page in any other color prints fine. I have changed the print cartridge twice, and performed 2 cleanings and an alignment, but none of that has helped. The printer worked fine when it was brand new.

Sending the same document to another printer (Brother HL-5250-DN) works fine, so it is most likely not a Microsoft Word issue.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 2 (869 Views)

Re: HP All-In-One 6310 Cutting off the bottom of every other line of text w/black ink

The most likely cause is an electrical issue between the cartridge contacts and the printer.  Clean the printer and cartridge contacts as described in this page.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation