12-14-2010 09:22 AM
HP All-In-One 6310 Printer/Fax/Copier is cutting off the bottom half of every other line of text when printing in black.
This happens with multiple font styles, but only in black. The same text on the same page in any other color prints fine. I have changed the print cartridge twice, and performed 2 cleanings and an alignment, but none of that has helped. The printer worked fine when it was brand new.
Sending the same document to another printer (Brother HL-5250-DN) works fine, so it is most likely not a Microsoft Word issue.
12-14-2010 09:04 PM
The most likely cause is an electrical issue between the cartridge contacts and the printer. Clean the printer and cartridge contacts as described in this page.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper