Question

Student
AussieLisa
Message 1 of 6 (9,349 Views)

HP C4280 Cartridge problem

The printer was turned off at the wall, was immediately turned back on and the printer made a loud, terrible noise.  Ever since I cannot get it to print.  The error message on the screen on the printer says "Carriage jam, clear carriage jam, press ok". (A message comes up on my PC screen saying "carriage cannot move")...... So I press ok, then it says "printing....." then it feeds a sheet of paper about 3/4 way through, and gives the carriage jam message again or a paper jam message.  OR as the paper feeds through, the paper jams (this only started just now, the carriage jam problem I have had for a few days). 

Someone suggested to push the carriage to the end and it will realign itself but the carriage is already at the end. 

So I am guessing for some reason the carriage is stuck.  And I am guessing that it has something to do with an electrical overload when I turned the printer back on straight away???

Can anyone PLEASE help me as I cannot afford to buy another printer and I need it for work.  And no I have not tested the scanner/copier yet.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 6 (9,337 Views)

Re: HP C4280 Cartridge problem

Try THIS document.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Master's Graduate
skippyjohnson
Message 3 of 6 (8,312 Views)

Here's a video explaining how to fix a carriage jam on the HP Photosmart C4280.  The video will help with the problem you described.

I am an HP employee.
Honor Student
azhot
Message 4 of 6 (7,475 Views)

None of this worked.  It's been a while, but thought I'd mention it.  this didn't work right out of the box so maybe someone dropped it.  But there's a plastic part to the left of the cartridges, attached to a spring, sits back to let the cartridges slide to the left, and I guess back again...or gets stuck in a 'closed' position as that piece is warped (like it melted) or chipped -- because that is the piece that does not spring back and fourth to allow the cartridge mechanism work properly -- it may eventually let you print one /two pages and then jams again.

Student
goblin15
Message 5 of 6 (4,522 Views)

I have a Photosmart 4280 Printer, I bought an HP 140 XL ( CB 336 HE )  ink cartridge for it, but the printer doesn't recognize it. There appears a message that the cartridge isn't compable with the printer, even if all over the internet and on your HP support - i got the information that they are compatible.

Before, I use an HP 350 ( CB 335 ), but it can't be found now.

What could be the problem with this uncompatibillity and how could I solve it?

Student
antekprizering
Message 6 of 6 (4,237 Views)

I installed an HPXL 74 and 75 cartridge. The XL74 (black) is much longer than the standard 74 or 75 or the 75XL. The carriage jams because the 74XL cartridge cannot clear the printer case. 

How do I get a refund for this ink cartridge I cannot use? Purchased at Office Max.

Thank You.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation