Question

Student
kjenne08
Message 1 of 15 (15,881 Views)

HP C6150 printer not printing in black!! only color?????

Hi...... I have a HP C6150 all in one printer. I have had it for several years without any problems. Today it quit printing in black BUT has no problems with printing color. I went thru the online HP troubleshooting, nothing worked. talked with HP online and they told me the exact things to do. Still does not work. Did all cleaning of drivers, took cartridges out...too many things to mention. The only tet that it never passed is the printer driver alignment.  A few days ago a piece of paper got jammed and I simply took it out, no little pieces to look for. It printed a little weird in black, light and dark tones.

Not sure where to go from here. All ink is HP and all are full. Did find a little trick online that works sometimes, holding down the # and 6 at same time. It didn't work for me. Did I somehow hurt the black printer thing inside when i removed the paper???? All the rollers seem to be working fine.

PLEASE HELP!!! I love my printer an cannot afford a new one!!  :smileysad:

Student
drinkxon
Message 2 of 15 (15,830 Views)

Re: HP C6150 printer not printing in black!! only color?????

I've got a C6150 that's doing the same thing, and it happened about the same time as yours.  I can print all colors, but not black.  If I print a self-report (Setup>Print Roport) all I get are 5 colored boxes: 2 pink, 2 blue, and one yellow. 

My guess is that the print head inside the printer is clogged and in need of cleaning.  Is there a way to pull that thing out?  I can't even really see it.

Teacher
kevin_techno
Message 3 of 15 (15,280 Views)

You need to take it a couple steps further after your test print. Sounds like your print heads need cleaning or your cartridge may need aligning. It’s best to do this each time you install a new cartridge. for more information….... http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-40171-printer-not-printing-black hope this helps you.

Top Student
Gwenlyn
Message 4 of 15 (15,266 Views)

With my HP Officejet Pro K550, I'm having similar color problems only with the magenta cartridge.  It prints in dark purple only.  I've cleaned the heads, replace all cartridges, cleaned it, troubleshot all possibilities, and still the output is dark purple.  Print is clean as a whistle!!!  I've used so much ink, but still have the problem only with one color.

Top Student
LinWilcox
Message 5 of 15 (13,268 Views)

HP Photosmart Premium 309a

Same problem,  new cartridges, cleaned printheads, aligned printheads, and still printing all but black.  Guess all that is left is to change it to another color.  Frustrating, this continues to happen

Student
Wayne1938
Message 6 of 15 (11,771 Views)

Where do I find information on how to clean the print heads?
Professor
RobertoR
Message 7 of 15 (11,742 Views)

Hi Wayne1938  I hope you are doing well and having a great day.

These steps may help;

1 Press the Setup button.

2  Press the down arrow button until Tools is highlighted and then press OK .

3 Press the down arrow button until Clean Printhead is highlighted and then press OK . A test page is printed.

4 Examine the test page. If the print quality of the page is good, stop here. If the print quality is bad, go on to the next step for further cleaning.

5 Open the Printer Toolbox. There are two ways to do this:

6  Open HP Solution Center. Select the Settings menu, then the Print Settings submenu, and finally the Printer Toolbox .

7 Open Printers and Faxes in the Windows Control Panel, then right-click your printer icon and choose Properties . Click Printing Preferences . Click the Features tab, then click the Printer Services button.

8 The Printer Toolbox opens. On the Device Services tab, click Clean the Printheads and then follow the on-screen instructions. Up to three levels of cleaning are available. Discard or recycle the page that prints.

Note; If cleaning the printheads once does not help, follow the directions in step 6 to clean them again, but use the next level of cleaning.

If this does not help let me know I will do my best to assist you further.

RobertoR

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :smileyvery-happy:
Top Student
mlheiss
Message 8 of 15 (11,730 Views)

It's a software problem!  I changed cartridges, cleaned, aligned, etc. and nothing happened.  Then unplugged printer from my desk top and plugged it into my lap top.  Black printed just fine.  I uninstalled all HP printer software from my desk top computer, and downloaded new.  Installed new software, plugged printer back into desk top computer, and it works fine.

Top Student
mlheiss
Message 9 of 15 (11,729 Views)

It's a software problem! I changed cartridges, cleaned, aligned, etc. and nothing happened. Then unplugged printer from my desk top and plugged it into my lap top. Black printed just fine. I uninstalled all HP printer software from my desk top computer, and downloaded new. Installed new software, plugged printer back into desk top computer, and it works fine.
Honor Student
Jimbis
Message 10 of 15 (6,887 Views)

The cleaning process did not work for me, but this did.

Step 1: I took out the black ink cartrage

Step 2: I took a Q-Tip, wet it to where it was almost dripping.

Step 3: Then I dabbed the Black cartrage receptical with the wet Q-tip, making sure to leave a dab of water in receptical. (Dap the receptical not the cartrage. The receptical is the round ink connection that the black cartrage snaps into)

Step 4:  I let it sit for about an hour. I then went thru cleaning process one more time and an alignment. It is now perfect.  Just like new.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation