Question

Honor Student
lizardhaven
Message 1 of 3 (1,946 Views)

HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

after a week trying to get my C7280 printer to work, and all forum post solutions failing to work, and indicating the printer was ruined beyond repair, i remembered that just beofe i tried to print with it i had used it to copy something without being connected to the vista computer, and it worked fine. 

i connected it to a laptop that had xp drivers loaded  , and it worked flawlessly. 

this indicates that the printer does not work with vista software, and that HP does not have a clue how to fix the problem.

SECOND  UNRELATED SUGGESTION WHEN YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE CMOS BATTERY IN A PRINTER:

years ago i had to do this when the model all in one i was using refused to accept refilled cartridges.  it worked to reset the printer so i could use the refilled cartridges again.  but taking the battery out and replacing it was so difficult that i cut out a piece of plastic from a thick firm bubble package, and inserted it between the CMOS battery and one contact. after leavign it there for an hour, removing it let the printer reset.

Honor Student
Robad
Message 2 of 3 (1,932 Views)

Re: HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

Hi, How do you get the battery out?  I have a C5280 that has suddenly decided it doesn't like my 350XL cartridge!  I reported that the cartridge is still 6 months within warranty but HP have declined to help because the printer is no longer under warranty!  I don't believe the cartridge is empty - if it was surely the printer would say so?  Instead it just says "Print Cartridges: Refer to printer documentation" - can't get much less helpful can you...

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 3 (1,876 Views)

Re: HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

Hi Robad

Try cleaning the contacts and then reseating the cartridge, as described in the link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01838948&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

Does this solve the problem?

If not, and a replacement cartridge works ok in your printer, then the problem is with the cartridge. Contact phone support again and let them know.....

- the troubleshooting you've performed

- the fact the cartridge is within warranty

- the fact that a replacement cartridge works ok on your printer

Hope this has been of help, please let me know how you get on.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation