Honor Student
Message 1 of 3 (2,133 Views)

HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

after a week trying to get my C7280 printer to work, and all forum post solutions failing to work, and indicating the printer was ruined beyond repair, i remembered that just beofe i tried to print with it i had used it to copy something without being connected to the vista computer, and it worked fine. 

i connected it to a laptop that had xp drivers loaded  , and it worked flawlessly. 

this indicates that the printer does not work with vista software, and that HP does not have a clue how to fix the problem.

years ago i had to do this when the model all in one i was using refused to accept refilled cartridges.  it worked to reset the printer so i could use the refilled cartridges again.  but taking the battery out and replacing it was so difficult that i cut out a piece of plastic from a thick firm bubble package, and inserted it between the CMOS battery and one contact. after leavign it there for an hour, removing it let the printer reset.

Honor Student
Message 2 of 3 (2,119 Views)

Re: HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

Hi, How do you get the battery out?  I have a C5280 that has suddenly decided it doesn't like my 350XL cartridge!  I reported that the cartridge is still 6 months within warranty but HP have declined to help because the printer is no longer under warranty!  I don't believe the cartridge is empty - if it was surely the printer would say so?  Instead it just says "Print Cartridges: Refer to printer documentation" - can't get much less helpful can you...

Regents Professor
Message 3 of 3 (2,063 Views)

Re: HP C7280 INK ERROR SOLUTION but you won;t like it!!

Hi Robad

Try cleaning the contacts and then reseating the cartridge, as described in the link below

Does this solve the problem?

If not, and a replacement cartridge works ok in your printer, then the problem is with the cartridge. Contact phone support again and let them know.....

- the troubleshooting you've performed

- the fact the cartridge is within warranty

- the fact that a replacement cartridge works ok on your printer

Hope this has been of help, please let me know how you get on.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation