06-08-2010 08:15 AM
after a week trying to get my C7280 printer to work, and all forum post solutions failing to work, and indicating the printer was ruined beyond repair, i remembered that just beofe i tried to print with it i had used it to copy something without being connected to the vista computer, and it worked fine.
i connected it to a laptop that had xp drivers loaded , and it worked flawlessly.
this indicates that the printer does not work with vista software, and that HP does not have a clue how to fix the problem.
SECOND UNRELATED SUGGESTION WHEN YOU WANT TO REMOVE THE CMOS BATTERY IN A PRINTER:
years ago i had to do this when the model all in one i was using refused to accept refilled cartridges. it worked to reset the printer so i could use the refilled cartridges again. but taking the battery out and replacing it was so difficult that i cut out a piece of plastic from a thick firm bubble package, and inserted it between the CMOS battery and one contact. after leavign it there for an hour, removing it let the printer reset.
06-08-2010 10:44 AM
Hi, How do you get the battery out? I have a C5280 that has suddenly decided it doesn't like my 350XL cartridge! I reported that the cartridge is still 6 months within warranty but HP have declined to help because the printer is no longer under warranty! I don't believe the cartridge is empty - if it was surely the printer would say so? Instead it just says "Print Cartridges: Refer to printer documentation" - can't get much less helpful can you...
06-29-2010 03:47 AM
Try cleaning the contacts and then reseating the cartridge, as described in the link below
Does this solve the problem?
If not, and a replacement cartridge works ok in your printer, then the problem is with the cartridge. Contact phone support again and let them know.....
- the troubleshooting you've performed
- the fact the cartridge is within warranty
- the fact that a replacement cartridge works ok on your printer
Hope this has been of help, please let me know how you get on.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper