Question

Honor Student
BigBill
Message 1 of 16 (30,887 Views)

HP C7280 "error Oxc19a0003 Ink System Failure"

I have had this all-in-one 9 months under light use (eg have changed 2 blacks and a couple coulors to date). In the middle of a page print it quit, ejected the page and gave me the above error. I have tried various routines of unplug/usb/power/ plug/remove cartridges/etc.,etc. to no avail. The error message goes on to tell me to "turn power off then on again". When I shut it off, it sounds different, eg. 2-3 small popping sounds coming from printer speaker, then it shuts down. When I turn it back on, (I always use the i/o button) the on board screen tells me that I had powered it down improperly, then when I hit OK, the "Ink System Failure" comes back up.

I can see no obstructions and the cartridges have been out and in many times. There appears to be an occaisional ratcheting sound (that is new) while it does its stretches and chinups  in warn-up.

I have not seen any mention of the error number " Oxc19a0003 " in any of the trouble shooting postings or HP docs that I have read.

Is anyone familiar with this problem?

Thanks

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 16 (30,883 Views)

Re: HP C7280 "error Oxc19a0003 Ink System Failure"

I suggest you contact HP Phone support as they can possibly fix this issue by performing a hardware reset.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
lizardhaven
Message 3 of 16 (28,260 Views)

i have the 0xc19a0003 err0r. but for a while i could print anything except microsoft work documents, and they printed fine, then after the first document the error message would come up and not let me print anything more.

it is clear that the printer works fine but some internal glitch is stopping me from using it.  

i tried a number of fixes in these forums and now the printer seems to be stuck on wanting me to load photo paper. 

also when i did the *#123 thing and would get to somehtign like test the jets, or whatever it was, then i hit ok and it would do nothing.  or the 'in status either 'set' or 'clear'. i could change it to one of the other, but pressing OK only changed it again, and did not enter it for a new setting.  anyone know what to do to get a change to be set?

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 4 of 16 (28,234 Views)

Hi,

You could try doing a reset, as per Doc c01936219

Does this solve the issue?

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Student
midgleyirene
Message 5 of 16 (24,969 Views)

Did you ever get this resolved?  I just encountered the exact same error message on my CV6300 HP Photosmart

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 6 of 16 (24,963 Views)

You can try soaking the printhead on your C6300.

Get a pan and put 1/2" of very hot (not boiling) water in the bottom. 
Next remove all the ink cartridges, then remove the printhead assembly
Gently put the printhead nozzles down in the water and let it soak for five minutes! 
Remove the printhead from the water and gently dry the electrical contacts with a lint free cloth. 
Put the printhead back in the printer and then reinstall the ink cartridges. 
If the error msg is gone then run a few cleaning cycles from the front panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
Student
mdbroberg
Message 7 of 16 (24,124 Views)

Try the suggestions at the following link.

http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/forums/printer/54675

Seems to work.

Honor Student
cindory
Message 8 of 16 (21,121 Views)

Hi

I don't know if I have to write here in english or in french, but I try in english.
I bought a HP all in 1 just pas t 1 year ago, of course no garanty yet.

I have the error code 0xc19a0003, just when i turn on the on/off button

I tried clen the head print with hot water, i disabled the  battery and wait 2 hours before put in it again.

nothing goes on.
please can you help me, i'm so disapointed about HP.... I tried to call them friday and they want me to pay before any help... I can't do it, if I buy a HP material, i 'm in right to hope it can live more than 13 months.

sorry for my english but anybody can help me ?

sincerely

cindory from france 

Honor Student
cindory
Message 9 of 16 (21,120 Views)

sorry i forgot principal information

hp photosmart B010a all in one

Regents Professor
8lives
Message 10 of 16 (21,116 Views)

Take a look at this link and follow the 0xc19a0003 error cleaning suggestions to clean the electrical contacts inside the B010a.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
If my answer was helpful click the “Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks”!
I am not a HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation