HP Color Laser 2605dn won't duplex print with Win 7 (2023 Views)
Student
Jackdlane
Message 1 of 3 (2,023 Views)

HP Color Laser 2605dn won't duplex print with Win 7

Can't print both sides since changing to Win 7.

Printer works fine otherwise.

Connected to router as network printer.

Can't find in driver where to "print both sides", like I previously did.

Am using this driver: upd-5_0_1-plc6_winxp-vista-X64.exe.

Any suggestions?

Tutor
gumpitup
Message 2 of 3 (2,019 Views)

Re: HP Color Laser 2605dn won't duplex print with Win 7

Did you install the UPD driver in traditional or dynamic mode? Traditional mode is where you get a dedicated instance of the driver in Devices and Printers. It would show up as HP Universal Printing PCL6 (v5.0). If installed in traditional mode the driver has the print on both sides option under the finishing tab and appears to work fine. If you did install in traditional mode, open the printer driver properties and choose the Device Settings tab. Find the heading labeled Installable Options, then locate Duplex Unit (for 2-sided printing) and see it if reports as installed. If not change the setting to installed and then apply the setting. If you installed in Dynamic Mode I would suggest removing the driver and reinstall using Traditional Mode.

Student
dglenn43
Message 3 of 3 (1,241 Views)

Re: HP Color Laser 2605dn won't duplex print with Win 7

I have been using the HP Color Laserjet 2605/2605 dn/2605 dtn PS driver on Windows 7 (64 bit) machine via a router.  Should I be using the generic driver?  Where can I get it?  I am trying to get it to duplex. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation