HP Cue Status has stopped working (17369 Views)
Top Student
Silvernerd
Message 1 of 10 (17,369 Views)

HP Cue Status has stopped working

Help please.  I get a message saying HP Cue status has stopped working each time I boot up. I am using Vista Home premium with service pack 1 on my Toshiba Satellite 200 laptop. My printer is a HP Photosmart 2610 all in one. This problem has begun to occur since I changed from a Dell PC using XP and now access the printer on a wireless network. I seem able to print OK but I sometimes have to ensure that the Printer is working Online.  

I contacted HP by email about this before Christmas and got several solutions non of which worked.

Master's Graduate
kikokixz
Message 2 of 10 (17,366 Views)

Re: HP Cue Status has stopped working

hi,

try to disable the HP Cue Device Disconvery in Services

*click start

*select ran

*in the ran window, type services.msc

*in the services window, locate HP CUE DEVICE DISCOVERY

*right click HP Cue Device Discovery, then select properties

*in the properties window, select startup type from AUTOMATIC to disable

*click the stop button

*hit apply,then press ok/close

Tell me what will happen next.

Kiko
Top Student
Silvernerd
Message 3 of 10 (17,350 Views)

Hello.  Thanks but I have tried it as you suggest but it hasn't worked. Strangely it seemed to work but when I restarted I got the same message.

Top Student
Silvernerd
Message 4 of 10 (17,299 Views)

Hello Please I have changed the services.msc so many times now I am losing touch with what the settings should be.  Could someone please help?

Student
rotten
Message 5 of 10 (16,779 Views)

Hi, I also had this problem with my PS D5160. I talked to live chat earlier tonight and was told to to uncheck any refence to HP in sys config. When I went there I noticed that there was an entry under Services so instead of changing ths sys config I went to Services and foundthat if I disabled the hpqcxs08 service the error message would go away. This service was listed as a manual start so I tried changing it to automatic but when I did the message came back. The only other problem with disabling this service that the HP Solution Center does not recognise any printers. It did not affect the operation of the printer. Does anyone know what uninstalling the HP Solution Center will do to the printer installation. I was able to find all printer settings with the service disabled.

Top Student
Silvernerd
Message 6 of 10 (16,769 Views)

Yep I have done the same but now I am unable to scan but I can still print and copy. It's is a problem and unless it gets resolved somehow I am thinking of buying a new printer.
Honor Student
adamsmom
Message 7 of 10 (13,563 Views)

I have also the same problem.I am unable to scan and copy but I can still print. It will scan but the image result is not the one that I'm scanning. The image result of the scan is just plain colored green printed all over the whole paper. It's like you painted the paper green.
Student
gfernandez1214
Message 8 of 10 (10,440 Views)

I am having the same problem, you stated in your message asking for help with this problem.  I have tried the remedies given to you and nothing has worked.  Did you ever get it fixed? Thanks for your answer.

gfernandez1214

Student
foxwoods777
Message 9 of 10 (9,334 Views)

hi i am having the same problem that HP cue has stopped working my printer is a photosmart C6180 all in one i have vista home premium and running my printer wireless...i have disabled it so it would not keep coming up, which was fine but then when i try to scan it comes up that they see no device. also i have uninstall all HP software and reinstall from HP website  many times, works for a while  and then the problem starts all over again.why can't hp solve this problem.

would appreciate any help.

foxwoods777

Student
deecee2
Message 10 of 10 (9,066 Views)

I receive this error message when I boot up. My system is desktop HP  Pavilion Windows Vista, intel core 2, new printer hp officejet pro 8500A Premium.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation