Question

Top Student
kmac54
Message 1 of 26 (8,879 Views)

HP D110 Printer Goes Into Sleep Mode; Won't Wake Up

I see this is a common problem for many HP printers, so there may not be a solution. I just bought and installed an All-in-One HP D110 printer on Christmas Eve. Despite the fact that I have set the energy saving feature to Never, it continually goes into sleep mode after a period of inactivity and will not wake up.

Trying to  press buttons on the control panel does nothing. Pressing the on/off button does nothing, whether I press it quickly, hold it for 3 seconds, hold it for 7 seconds, hold it for 20 seconds... nothing. It won't even turn off.

The ONLY way to resolve this is to get up, go to the power cord and disconnect it from the wall. Ridiculous! I want the printer to be available 24/7, whether I am in my office or elsewhere in the house. I don't think I should have to unplug it and wait for it to reboot every time I want to use it.

I have already installed the latest drivers, so that is not the issue.

Is there any solution for this problem?

Thanks,

Kathi

Top Student
kmac54
Message 2 of 26 (8,831 Views)

Re: HP D110 Printer Goes Into Sleep Mode; Won't Wake Up

Hello? No answers to this one?

Grad Student
Kryten
Message 3 of 26 (8,797 Views)

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my C410 at home.  I posted this suggestion a little while ago.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-networking-and-wireless/Photosmart-D110-will-not-wake-up/m-p/39...

Hopefully, it may help your situation.

(I am an HP employee) I am not a expert on all our products, but I'll do my best to help you.
Student
jtmlr
Message 4 of 26 (8,766 Views)

Top Student
kmac54
Message 5 of 26 (8,743 Views)

Thanks, but that's no help at all. I already have turned off energy saving mode. It made absolutely NO difference. This is so obviously a bug in this printer. I'm very displeased with this.

Thanks anyway.

Honor Student
Roberthree
Message 6 of 26 (8,643 Views)

Same problem. I turned off the Energy Saving Mode and the printer STILL goes into the Energy Saving Mode and becomes unusable. You can't print to it, you can't turn it off, it just freezes in that mode. The only solution is to unplug it...pathetic. HP better find a solution for this bug and fast.

Student
lumedawg
Message 7 of 26 (8,232 Views)

Same sleeping problem here. REALLY annoying.

Student
ricwalters
Message 8 of 26 (8,216 Views)

Hello, Same problem - Printers enters sleep mode and the only way to get it working again is to unplug it and plug it back in.  Power button is flashing slowly and has no effect when pushed.  Display screen is blank.  I have been seeing this problem or similair problems all over the boards.

Top Student
kmac54
Message 9 of 26 (8,209 Views)

I really get the impression that no one from HP cares. I've seen absolutely NO response. They have our money; support is a non-issue, apparently.

Student
earnric
Message 10 of 26 (7,720 Views)

Same problem... 

Where's HP CUSTOMER SUPPORT!?!?!?!

R

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation