03-12-2010 07:09 AM
I've attempted to install a Designjet 500 42" Roll model to my new Windows 7 s5310f Computer. Used a firewire to USB adapter cord and plugged into a USB port on the back. Installed (ran) the Windows 7 driver, unzipped and it said 23 files were successfully unzipped. Ran the "Add a Printer" function, chose sharing and default printer status, amd it said the HP Designjet 500 was successfully installed. Will not print. Icon shows is active. When I try to print it either says "Could not start print job", or on a random basis it sends the drawing to the printer, the printer flickers from "Ready" to "Processing" and then back to "Ready". Drawing may or may not be in the queue (random).
Any ideas please? I've tried different ports from LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, and USB 0001.
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper