Question

Top Student
wzeller
Message 1 of 4 (9,725 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Designjet 750C with Windows 7

Hi,

My situatuion;

I own an HP Designjet 750C, which still works great.  The trouble is the printer is discontinued and no driver is provided for my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.  There is no way I can afford a replacement right now, so I do the following;

I have XP Mode (Virtual Machine) installed on my HP HDX X16-1155CA notebook.

I have an older version of Civil 3D (my main design package) loaded on it.

I have the plotter installed on this XP machine.

To plot I have to open up my virtual machine, open up Civil 3D, reload the drawing and plot.

My questions;

1. Is there any way I can install the printer onto Windows 7?  Maybe a driver I don't know about?

2. If the answer to 1 is no, Is there a more efficient work around you might be able to think of?

Thanks in advance.

Warren

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (9,707 Views)

Re: HP Designjet 750C with Windows 7

The XP 64 bit driver from here works well in Windows 7 x64.  Unzip the file to a temporary directory, then go to the Devices and Printers folder, Add a Printer, select the appropriate port, then select Have a Disk and point to the folder where you unzipped the files.

By the way, this forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Enterprise Designjet forum here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
wzeller
Message 3 of 4 (9,705 Views)

Thank You, I will try this driver.

I'll also post this question on the other forum you suggest, just in case.

Thanks again.

Warren

Student
dave9927
Message 4 of 4 (6,377 Views)

Hi, This did not work for me. I found that Progecad has the drivers(Windows 7 pro x64), so just download the free trial and away you go.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation