05-03-2010 09:48 AM
You can perform a cleaning manually as follows: with the printer turned on press and hold the power button. Now press and release the X button twice, then release the power button.
Note that it is very rare that cleaning the cartridges would ever be required and that unnecessary cleaning can shorten the life of the cartridge and the printer can be damaged by excessive cleaning.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Connected - Finding Your Printer's Email Address in HP Connected
- HP Printers - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
- HP Connected - Getting the Printer Claim Code
- HP Printers - Which Cartridges Work with My HP Printer?
- HP Officejet and Photosmart All-in-One Printers - The Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) Does Not Pick Up Paper