Question

Student
dakotabear703
Message 1 of 2 (2,029 Views)

HP Deskjet D1660 won't pull paper to print

I installed this printer last night.  This morning I printed a 7 page document.  It printed the first 6 pages, then I had to press the flashing start button to get it to pull the 7th page to print, it did.  Then every time I tried to print after that it indicated that I was out of paper.  I took the paper out and reloaded it several times, with no success.  This is quite frustrating.  Help!  What do I try next, or do I take it back to the store?

Student
clhamon
Message 2 of 2 (1,954 Views)

Re: HP Deskjet D1660 won't pull paper to print

[ Edited ]

The company that I work for recently bought a D1660, and I installed it. Since then, they have had problems at least every other day. They mostly print labels, which I think is part of the problem, but it is doing the same thing as yours. It errors one document, and if I can delete it, then it says that it is "out of paper." I have had success with uninstalling and reinstalling the printer, but it always happens again. If I were you, I'd try and get another one to see if that will do the same thing. If it does, the D1660 must be terrible.

I tried installing the latest driver from HP hoping that it is a different versions from what I have (plus you can download it without all of the stupid programs). I don't think that it will work, but if I don't have any problems for a couple of days I will let you know. My next step is to find the paper sensor and bypass it or fool it.

In summary, I hate this printer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation