HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
09-27-2011 12:50 AM
I have 2 HP Deskjet D2660 with the same problem.
Sometimes while printing, the printer stops, all led blinking and in the spooler, on the state field there are strange characters.
In this case, i must suspend the queue, reset the printer, restart the spooler, delete the queue and resume the queue.
I tried to reverse the printers with other computers and the problem remained.
I tried with both Windows XP and Windows 7, but the problem remained.
I tried installing different drivers but the problem remained.
I tried to follow the recovery process and I used the diagnostic software but the problem remained.
I tried if it was available a firmware update for the printer but I have not found anything.
Help me please: (
05-08-2012 09:30 AM
What application does this happen from? Have you tried a different application to print from to see if that causes the same results? I would like to get some information about the issue. Did you happen to upgrade from Vista ro Windows 7?
Have you tried using the HP Print and Scan Doctor? Here is a link to the download: HP Print and Scan Doctor. Try running the Doctor to see if it finds any errors. If there are no error I would go ahead and completely remove the HP software and reinstall the version found here: Software & Driver Downloads - HP Deskjet D2660 Printer <-- Be sure to select your appropriate operating system.
Here is how to uninstall the software if you are unsure:
- Unplug the USB cable from the HP product.
- On the Windows taskbar, click Start ( ), and then click Control Panel . The Windows Control Panel opens.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs . A list of programs installed on your computer opens.
- In the list of installed programs, click your HP product, and then click Change/Remove . The HP Uninstaller opens.
- Select Uninstall all HP products , and then click Next .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the software removal.CAUTION:If the uninstaller asks you to remove shared files, click No . Other programs that use these files might not work if you delete the files.
- Disconnect the product from the power source, and then restart the computer.
Be sure to post back so I know if I resolved the issue or if it needs further troubleshooting.