Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

My printer doesn't work after my brother scanned his documents. 

When I plug it on, I only see this "Orange Exclamation Point". My laptop can detect the device but it doesn't print anymore.

Printer model: HP Deskjet Int Advantage 2515

Hoping for your fast reply.
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello there! Welcome to the forums

@KeviN17 

I understand you can no longer print from your Windows 7 system to your Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515.

Please let me know if you can make copies from the unit successfully.

Also, from your computer, please run the Print and Scan Doctor tool, which may fix the printing issue. If it cannot fix the problem, it will alert you to the problem. Please post back a screen capture of the results from running the tool.

Thank youSmiley Happy

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Hi HP
l do not know how to link my hp deskjet ink advantage 2515 print scan copy to my toshiba laptop so it can start printing. I already have a usb cable and a cd that came with it. Also I replaced the black cartridge this morning but it can't copy from the top screen all I see is an orange exclamation light. What do I do? Please assist.
HP Recommended

Hi there @OwitiGOmolo, Welcome to the forums!

I hope to help you with the issue you're having with making copies from your Deskjet Ink Advantage 2515. If we can get the copies to work successfully, we will then move on to connecting the printer to your PC. We must troubleshoot hardware problems first, to make sure the printer is in good working condition.

I am thinking there may be an issue with the ink cartridges. This guide below will give you instructions on how to troubleshoot a cartridge issue. Please try all of the steps and do a power reset and make sure the printer is plugged in directly to the wall outlet, avoiding power bars and surge protectors. This ensures the printer is receiving full power.

• Reset Instructions:
    Press the Power button to turn on the product.
    With the product turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.
    Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
    Wait at least 15 seconds.
    Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
    Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.
    If the product does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on. 

• When you are done the above steps, try to make a color copy from the front of the printer and let me know if the copy worked successfully.

Click the kudos (thumbs up) button below to say thank you for my efforts to help out!

Have a great Monday, I hope to hear from you with the outcome!

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.