Question

Student
boktor666
Message 1 of 4 (6,959 Views)

HP Deskjuet 5440 Wont load paper at tray

So here's the issu, I have a full paper tray on my Deskjet 5440 printer, and it just wont load. It does make a spinning sound at the beginning of powering the printer on, but it won't even load paper if i press the reload button next to the cancel button I opened up the frond acces, but i cant see a thing in there. I haven't tried removing the back yet, because it won't come out. Any ideas?

Im using windows 7 ultimate.

Professor
007OHMSS
Message 2 of 4 (6,939 Views)

Re: HP Deskjuet 5440 Wont load paper at tray

This document may help:

Paper no pick

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
Student
agogo
Message 3 of 4 (6,783 Views)

Thanks for the advice, but my hp 5440 is still not grabbing the paper. It "sounds" like it's going through all the motions, but I cannot feel the slightest tug or pull on the paper as I try to "nudge" it in. I've gone through all the steps on HP's site and your link and replaced the ink cartridges. The unit has not been moved, software is up to date, everything had been fine with this printer. It hadn't shown the slightest sign of a problem. I was really pleased with it. Is there a gear, or belt that could have stripped or broken? Thank you for your help.
Professor
007OHMSS
Message 4 of 4 (6,774 Views)

If the steps in that document did not resolve the issue, it may be a hardware part failure. check the steps in the document again just to make sure something wasn't missed. 

If nothing was missed, then Solution Six may be applicable.

007OHMSS

I was a support engineer for HP.

If the advice resolved the situation, please mark it as a solution. Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation