Question

Student
katymae
Message 1 of 5 (8,427 Views)

HP Digital Imaging Monitor

Every morning when I start my computer at work I get this message box...

"HP Digiatl Monitor has encountered a roblem

and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

If you were in the midle of something, bla, bla, bla...

Please tell Microsoft about this problem. We have created an error report that you can send to us.

Some times I click "Debug", sometimes I click "Send Error Report" but neither option corrects the porblem.

Student
dog-gone-crazy
Message 2 of 5 (8,075 Views)

Re: HP Digital Imaging Monitor

Hi, I also have the same message each time I start up lap top and pcCan you tell me how to get rid of this message. thank you for any help. I am new to this support groupI will in time send other messages concerning my all in one printer again thanks.
Teacher
Navbond007
Message 3 of 5 (8,047 Views)

Hi Katymae,

You can try the steps mentioned in the following document. Although this document does not specifically refers to the issue you are experiencing the steps are worth a try.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01841670&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en

If the above doc does not fix the issue I suggesst doing a level 2 uninstall and reinstall. This is not full software uninstall and reinstall but you'd only uninstall the driver component of the software. Here are the steps to perform L2 uninstall/reinstall:

1>Go to Control panel>add/remove programs and uninstall the entry that says "HP Officejet 8500 All in one driver software".

2>After uninstalling ensure you disable your antivirus program as this might tend to block some componenets during installation.

3>Restart the PC

4> After PC is restarted insert the CD that came with the product and start the installation.   

5> Follow the onscreen instructions and make sure you choose network install. Complete the installation.

6> Attempt to scan again

Thanks

Naveen K
HP Support Engineering Center
Click on yellow KUDOS button to say thanks

(Although employed by HP, I'm trying to address the issues with my sole

willingness and my employer does not bear any liability for my responses)

Omo Honor Student
Honor Student
Omo
Message 4 of 5 (7,512 Views)

Student
Colleen-hello
Message 5 of 5 (2,728 Views)

I also get an error message when I log in to my computer that the HP Digital Imaging Monitor is not functioning. I tried to upload my software from the HP site and was told this upload was not for my computer. I have Windows 7 on a HP Pavillion Complete and an HP All in one printer HP Photosmart Premium C410 Series. My scaner is not working. It has in the past.

Thank you. Colleen

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation