Question

Honor Student
kenward
Message 1 of 5 (2,005 Views)

HP Envy 120 ePrinter. .

The Error message on the LCD screen simply says: "Printer Error, There is a problem with the printer.  Turn the printer off, then on."  Turning it off and then on does nothing.  The message reappears.  It is now a brick.  Please let me know if it's time for service.  BTW, I have owned it for a total of seven (7) days.  I am not a happy customer.  Thank you

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 2 of 5 (1,980 Views)

Re: HP Envy 120 ePrinter. .

Is the error followed by any type of code?  I would try doing a hard reset on the printer.  The document below can be used to show steps for completing a hard reset.

Printer Error

Let me know how it goes.

Honor Student
kenward
Message 3 of 5 (1,971 Views)

I am unable to remove the cartridges and therefore unable to reset the printer.  The code which flashes up "momentarily" before the error message is ( I believe) R87D5B04.  Is it time for service?

Thanks,

Ken

Regents Professor
garytech1
Message 4 of 5 (1,949 Views)

If the document wasn't able to resolve your issue then I would contact Hp. If you are still in warranty, HP may replace the printer at no cost to you. I'll link the information to get in touch with them below. The link will take you to a form to fill out. Once you fill it out and it is processed, it will give you the printers warranty information, a case number, and the phone number to call. HP Technical Support Case Call Form: https://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/phoneInput?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5061082  

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (1,867 Views)

Hi, just wanted to know if you followed garytech1's suggestion to contact Support? Did you get a replacement printer?

Thanks

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation