Question

Student
WillaimP
Message 1 of 2 (862 Views)

HP Envy 4501

HP 4501 120V or 100V-240v? -- I just purchased an Envy 4501 "Limited Edition [Walmart special purchase] in the USA for use in South Asia (220V 50Hz).  Leaving with it in my suitcase Sunday.  I discovered that the serial number siticker on the box includes a a notation of voltage of "120V", however embossed on the plastic case just above the AC power connector is "100V-240V 50 to 60 Hz".  The only specs on the HP support site are for the HP 4500, and are not applicable to the 4501 Limited Edition.  Is anyone using this on 220V 50 Hz ?  Is the box correct or is the printer case correct?  Thanks

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 2 (816 Views)

Re: HP Envy 4501

[ Edited ]

Hi WillaimP,

I completely understand the confusion. I have looked up the specs and found the following. (the specs for the Envy 4500 are the same as the 4501)

Caution: Power requirements are based on the country/region where the printer is sold. Do not convert operating voltages. This damages the printer and voids the product warranty.
Category Specification
Power consumption85 watts (maximum), 50 watts (average)
Input voltage (0957-2231)AC 100 to 240 V ~
Output current1300 mA
Input frequency50 to 60 Hz
Output voltageDC 32 V===1300 mA

The 120V on the box is the standard North American voltage. The 100 to 240v on the AC power connector (power module) is the voltage it is capable of converting.

The caution statement above refers to using a power converter. Do not use a converter as the power module that is with the printer will convert the power for you. You may need a power adapter if the outlets are different than the standard North American outlets. Power adapters can be purchased at local hardware stores, if you are staying in a hotel you may even be able to ask the front desk, they sometimes have them available.

I hope this helps.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation