Question
HP Envy 5530 will not print black text from a Word Document
Replies (13)

Honor Student
KCO2
Message 11 of 14 (916 Views)

Re: HP Envy 5530 will not print black text from a Word Document

I hate forums because smarty pants make fun of my simple questions.... I dont know much about computer or printers so I can only do my best so I just want a straight answer. Please! My brand new HP Envy 5530 is having an issue with printing black, I did the test and it worked fine. However when I  did the alignment test it failed to recognize my alignment test.  The black ink is new right out of the package. Can any one help me? I see others on the forum are having the same issue. Is it the ink? Is it the alignment test? What?  I really dont understand. The black ink works in the test print. However when I go to print an actual document i.e. boarding pass it doesn't work. Sorry for the typos.

Honor Student
KCO2
Message 12 of 14 (916 Views)

help needed from HP

Honor Student
KCO2
Message 13 of 14 (916 Views)

Hello, Really HP, 

Ciara_B wrote:

@kamikaze1988 

So when you print out a Diagnostic page there is no black? What is the warranty ends date on the cartridge? Try taking the black cartridge out and leaving it to sit 'nozzles up' for a couple of hours and then re-install it. Failing that I'd suggest calling HP Phone Support about this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03743678

Image: Cartridge with nozzles facing up

Wty ends dates.jpg

Ciara_B wrote:

@kamikaze1988 

So when you print out a Diagnostic page there is no black? What is the warranty ends date on the cartridge? Try taking the black cartridge out and leaving it to sit 'nozzles up' for a couple of hours and then re-install it. Failing that I'd suggest calling HP Phone Support about this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03743678

Image: Cartridge with nozzles facing up

Wty ends dates.jpg

your vendor Best Buy is distributing this product! Is the ink out of date? There should be a serious reduction in price!!!!

Student
BenRobinson1974
Message 14 of 14 (667 Views)

I have a 5530 Envy with exactly the same problem.  Ink levels showing full, cleaned the printhead, recallibrated it and no joy.  Then I took the black cartridge out of the printer gave it a vigorous shake for about 20 seconds and put it back in.  This seemed to do the trick for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation