Question
HP Envy 5530 will not print black text from a Word Document
Replies (15)

Top Student
KCO2
Message 11 of 16 (1,063 Views)

Re: HP Envy 5530 will not print black text from a Word Document

I hate forums because smarty pants make fun of my simple questions.... I dont know much about computer or printers so I can only do my best so I just want a straight answer. Please! My brand new HP Envy 5530 is having an issue with printing black, I did the test and it worked fine. However when I  did the alignment test it failed to recognize my alignment test.  The black ink is new right out of the package. Can any one help me? I see others on the forum are having the same issue. Is it the ink? Is it the alignment test? What?  I really dont understand. The black ink works in the test print. However when I go to print an actual document i.e. boarding pass it doesn't work. Sorry for the typos.

Top Student
KCO2
Message 12 of 16 (1,063 Views)

help needed from HP

Top Student
KCO2
Message 13 of 16 (1,063 Views)

Hello, Really HP, 

Ciara_B wrote:

@kamikaze1988 

So when you print out a Diagnostic page there is no black? What is the warranty ends date on the cartridge? Try taking the black cartridge out and leaving it to sit 'nozzles up' for a couple of hours and then re-install it. Failing that I'd suggest calling HP Phone Support about this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03743678

Image: Cartridge with nozzles facing up

Wty ends dates.jpg

Ciara_B wrote:

@kamikaze1988 

So when you print out a Diagnostic page there is no black? What is the warranty ends date on the cartridge? Try taking the black cartridge out and leaving it to sit 'nozzles up' for a couple of hours and then re-install it. Failing that I'd suggest calling HP Phone Support about this.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03743678

Image: Cartridge with nozzles facing up

Wty ends dates.jpg

your vendor Best Buy is distributing this product! Is the ink out of date? There should be a serious reduction in price!!!!

Student
BenRobinson1974
Message 14 of 16 (814 Views)

I have a 5530 Envy with exactly the same problem.  Ink levels showing full, cleaned the printhead, recallibrated it and no joy.  Then I took the black cartridge out of the printer gave it a vigorous shake for about 20 seconds and put it back in.  This seemed to do the trick for me.

Honor Student
jackal123
Message 15 of 16 (67 Views)

having which sounds like exactly the same fault,brand new printer too,i think ill take it back and see if they can sort it?if not i will get money back.;

Honor Student
pennypotpie
Message 16 of 16 (60 Views)

So let me understand.  You work for HP, you list yourself as regentsprofessor, you read a string of postings by frustrated HP customers whose printers print black fine on everything but Word, but doesn't print on Word, and your solution for customers with defective printers is to offer a deal on cartridges?  Are you, by any chance, related to Marie Antoinette?  I still have yet to see anyone from HP answer the question regarding why this printer works on black and color printing off the web or other sources, but prints black and white Word documents blank.  Maybe someone at HP could try and replicate this issue in their shop and get back to us.  For those of you who have suggested that the cartridge is bad when it prints fine in black and white from other non-Word sources or prints color(which would almost always include some black) seems completely unhelpful.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation