HP F2480 printer says theres a paper jam, but there isn't one?? (12135 Views)
Student
bctrumpeteer
Message 1 of 5 (12,135 Views)

HP F2480 printer says theres a paper jam, but there isn't one??

My printer keeps saying theres a paper jam and I checked the back access door and there is no paper in there whatsoever? How do I fix it?  Is there a way to reboot it?

Teacher
k_sudarshan
Message 2 of 5 (12,124 Views)

Re: HP F2480 printer says theres a paper jam, but there isn't one??

Follow the below steps to resolve the paper jam issue:
If the issue persists:
Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.
2. Wait 30 seconds.
3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
If the issue persists:
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1) When the printer is turned ON, Disconnect and then reconnect the power cord.
2) When the lights begin to flash, press ON and CANCEL buttons simultaneously.
3) When the printer turns OFF, release the buttons.
4) Now turn ON the printer
Note: 
A semi-full reset will do the following: 
The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models.

Follow the below steps to resolve the paper jam issue:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01761996&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=3811337&tmp...
If the issue persists:
Follow the steps below to power cycle your all-in-one:
1. Verify that the unit is switched on. Disconnect the USB/Ethernet cable from the All-in-One and also disconnect power cable from All-in-One and also from wall outlet.2. Wait 30 seconds.3. Plug in the power cable to All-in-One and also to wall outlet.
If the issue persists:
Reset the All-in-One to the factory default settings by using these instructions:
1) When the printer is turned ON, Disconnect and then reconnect the power cord.2) When the lights begin to flash, press ON and CANCEL buttons simultaneously.3) When the printer turns OFF, release the buttons.4) Now turn ON the printer
Note: A semi-full reset will do the following: The user settings to the factory defaults, Language and country settings on some models.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Student
yvonne240567
Message 3 of 5 (6,310 Views)

My hp2000 printer keep saying paper jam and it has no paper inside it.  What do I do?

Distinguished Professor
-JohnB-
Message 4 of 5 (6,142 Views)

HP F2480 printer says theres a paper jam, but there isn't one??

yvonne240567,

I can't seem to locate the printer you mentioned. Try using this link to locate your printer and posting back with your printer model.

http://goo.gl/pChv1

Best of Luck!
You can say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in my post. If my post resolves your problem, please mark it as Accepted Solution so others can benefit too.
Student
ikam2014
Message 5 of 5 (507 Views)

My printer is P2055d and I have the same problem. Will the same thing work for me too? And what do you mean by ON button, the one that powers off the printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation